Fordmods Logo

Lowering the xr 

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:04 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

i persume u got the ROH 18 inch wheels before you lowered it?

cause if u did then thats why the front is hitting the front guard.

from experience i know i had to get the front and back gaurds rolled then that still didnt fix the back problem so in the end suspenision place had a contact in ROH spoke to them a couple of times they did and in the end all ROH was saying was the wheels are fine they shouldnt rub/hit but they where i only had 17inch ROH's on it so suspension place gave me a $600 job of modding it better for free to make me happy

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR6

WA, Australia

bennzy wrote:
i persume u got the ROH 18 inch wheels before you lowered it?

cause if u did then thats why the front is hitting the front guard.

from experience i know i had to get the front and back gaurds rolled then that still didnt fix the back problem so in the end suspenision place had a contact in ROH spoke to them a couple of times they did and in the end all ROH was saying was the wheels are fine they shouldnt rub/hit but they where i only had 17inch ROH's on it so suspension place gave me a $600 job of modding it better for free to make me happy

Ahhh yes, the guy where i got my suspension did say that it was partly due to the increased offest of the ROH wheels. Apparently they made them so they stick out a little further than the standard ford mags. I only need the fronts rolled because they're only low springs in the back, not the superlows. You didn't have any problems with you're fronts rubbing after the guards were rolled did you? And btw does it seriously cost $600 to have all four guards rolled!?

5spd Heritage Green EL XR6. Wheels by ROH. Stereo by Clarion. Exhaust by Pacemaker & Lukey. Suspension by Whiteline, Durashock and K-Mac.

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:32 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

lol, $600 was for the suspension to be lifted up a little bit plus mod the back springs harder for the gas tank and all, it cost me $150 for front and back to get them rolled guy came from tullermarine area.

this problem with both have is a very popular problem from wat suspension place told me, people generally get the wheels first and then lower it which then causes big a** problems.

everyone that i went to told me the wheels and suspension was fine, shouldnt rub and if it does get it rolled, strange thing was i got both rolled and still problems it was that bad that even sometimes when i was just in it i could hear the muffler scrape coming out of drive way slow.

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Lol Mate i got the same wheels in 17" love em they suit Ef's really well an it looks good.

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA GT

WA, Australia

so where did you get it all done kezza?? and how much??

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

kermey wrote:
so where did you get it all done kezza?? and how much??

ended up getting it done at wheels world in osborne park. I know you recommended wilkinson's for cheap suspension but i gave them a ring and they quoted me a bit over 1700. That was with koni adjustables (the ones you have to take out to adjust) but on the downside that was only the whiteline castor/camer kit, not the adjustable k-mac one. So at the end of it i don't think it would have worked out that much cheaper.

5spd Heritage Green EL XR6. Wheels by ROH. Stereo by Clarion. Exhaust by Pacemaker & Lukey. Suspension by Whiteline, Durashock and K-Mac.

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

fairmont599 wrote:
Lol Mate i got the same wheels in 17" love em they suit Ef's really well an it looks good.

haha cheers mate. Have seen them on a few ELs and EFs now, they do look good because they really suit the characterstics of the car

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

ok sweet as no worries!! enjoy the ride mate!

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

kermey wrote:
ok sweet as no worries!! enjoy the ride mate!

Thanks buddy, will enjoy, as soon as i get those guards rolled :D

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

lol

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

The old man just had a look and he did make a good point... depending on how much travel there is in the suspension, even if the guard are rolled, it does look like the tyres might come close enough to scrape insode the guard :S

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:46 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: XR6

ACT, Australia

Has anyone had real dramas with 18s and the superlow pack... I am gonna lower my EFXR6 with the superlow pack, so is the rolling of the gaurds the only concern....??

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

estgonXR6 wrote:
Has anyone had real dramas with 18s and the superlow pack... I am gonna lower my EFXR6 with the superlow pack, so is the rolling of the gaurds the only concern....??

What brand of rims do you have? Sounds like ROH are bad with lowering because of the increased offset. Correct me if i'm wrong though, EL XRs have single wishbone suspension, which should mean the top of the wheel will travel slightly inwards when the shock absorber is compressed?

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:10 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF XR6 5sp

NSW, Australia

estgonXR6 wrote:

Im running superlow kings and 18x8 mags on my EF xr6 with no dramas

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:15 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: XR6

ACT, Australia

Yeah thanks guys... Im still overseas so when I get back ill be doing all the lowering and shopping for rims... So I should think twice about the ROH wheels...

Thanks guys

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next