Fordmods Logo

NA Fairlane auto just slipped like it went to neutral?? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: NA Fairlane auto just slipped like it went to neutral??
Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:30 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

tearlejc wrote:
SWC wrote:
tearlejc wrote:
heybro86 wrote:
There is a white switch on the passenger side of the gearbox with 2 connectors, that switch could also be causing that problem

Really??? tell me more! do you mean it needs replacing, or check the wiring or both? surely that couldn't have anything to do with the thing starting to leak fluid though??

It is probably leaking out the breather at the rear near the extension housing due to being overfull.

yep I reckon you are correct....when I threw in the extra litre thinking it was full this is whats probably leaking everywhere... I put the leak and the slippage together in my head and = screwed trans but looks like if I replace that inhibitor switch I might fix it?? I assume I should also try and get that extra fluid out too....

Just get a new filter kit and drop the pan, drain the oil, fit the new filter and pan and refill with trans oil.

Post subject: Re: NA Fairlane auto just slipped like it went to neutral??
Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

SWC wrote:
tearlejc wrote:
SWC wrote:
tearlejc wrote:
heybro86 wrote:
There is a white switch on the passenger side of the gearbox with 2 connectors, that switch could also be causing that problem

Really??? tell me more! do you mean it needs replacing, or check the wiring or both? surely that couldn't have anything to do with the thing starting to leak fluid though??

It is probably leaking out the breather at the rear near the extension housing due to being overfull.

yep I reckon you are correct....when I threw in the extra litre thinking it was full this is whats probably leaking everywhere... I put the leak and the slippage together in my head and = screwed trans but looks like if I replace that inhibitor switch I might fix it?? I assume I should also try and get that extra fluid out too....

Just get a new filter kit and drop the pan, drain the oil, fit the new filter and pan and refill with trans oil.

cheers mate!

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2