NA fairlane SLS susspension 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: NA fairlane SLS susspension
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:30 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: NA / NL fairlane, 08 honda civic

QLD, Australia

Hi All

I am going to be restoring the airbag suspension in my NA fairlane and just have a few questions, when i did a search for the model number of the SLS compressor (the one on my car has got water into it and has rusted bearings and flaking inside the compressor. basically will never work again)
ford have "obsoleted" all the parts and have told me i will not be able get the parts to restore the SLS back to working order.

However from what i can see it uses just ordinary stock standard parts that are still available from over seas.

from what i can tell, and this may also be useful to others with this car, the compressor is the same as the one used on Lincoln cars and other model fords in the us. this compressor is for sail from Arnott Industries for around $200 + shipping.
the one that looks to closest suite the Fairlane is either the one from the ford Crown Victoria 1992 - 2011 this one has different mounts but i cant see why the mounts can not be modified to suit, the other one that appears to suit is from the ford Expedition, however again the mounts going by
the one in the picture appear to be slightly shorter and it has 4 air outlets, so it appears to be designed more for a car with air suspension on all 4 wheels. i cant see why these cant be joined by a T piece.

https://www.arnottindustries.com/part_FORD_yid1.html

I also intend to replace the Nylon pipe that runs from the front to the back of the car. depending on if i get the single or quad outlet drier i will replace the line with either another single or a double nylon line running from the compressor to the suspension
it is available at low cost on the internet (ebay) by the name of Nylon pneumatic Air line and is available in different sizes.

As of yet i have not done this but i intend on ordering the parts soon (once i get the fairlane back and can take some measurements) and attempting to fit them.
I will post the results and perhaps a how to when i am done and if i am successful

Question.
What is the meaning of life?
Answer.
The condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

Post subject: Re: NA fairlane SLS susspension
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Good luck there mate! I liked it my NF but my level sensing switch at the diff was stuffed and couldn't get it fixed.

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Post subject: Re: NA fairlane SLS susspension
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:21 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: AU XR8,XF panel van

VIC, Australia

I have two of those pump that I am not using one in the shed and one still in the car and both still work fine. I am not using them as the car that still has it fitted is being wrecked for its heart. If you need the level sensing switch contact an air suspension supplier and ask about the ones they have . I have put a full air bag suspension in my XF panelvan and the senseors are the same as the Fairlane SLS. hope this helps.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]