Fordmods Logo

new suspension for EF wagon 

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: new suspension for EF wagon
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:47 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Gli wagon

NSW, Australia

Sway bar fitted, and early impressions on a two minute drive swinging down through some smooth(50km/h) bends, and on a dirt road, is that the car feels more precise and taught, basically improving on the feeling I had when the gas shocks were fitted.
It's actually feels like more of an improvement in the rear end, which now follows the front exactly...that's the best way i can describe it. Before, it was as if the rear end was a heart-beat behind where the front of the car was going.
Not the most descriptive report, I know, but it's much better than before. The guy at Pedders (Bathurst) who reckoned it wouldn't make much of a difference with a leaf-spring rear end was completely wrong.
Anyway, will take the car for a decent drive on Moday on some of the bumpy 100km/h corners where I first found out about the car's soft, slack suspension and dodgy handling, and I'll write something with a bit more meat.
Once again, thanks to everyone for the help and advice; much appreciated.

EF GLi Wagon. Burgundy. Gas shocks. Rear sway bar. Nice stereo & speakers. Factory bull bar. Driving lights. Roof racks. Great car. 2nd owner. 147,000km.

Post subject: Re: new suspension for EF wagon
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

I had once fitted a clamp-on style rear sway bar set-up, and found after a couple of months, that the U bolt clamps would slip around on the axle housings.......so the next time I fitted one, I made weld-on mountings for the sway bar D bush brackets.......problem solved.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2