Fordmods Logo

noises in suspension 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: noises in suspension
Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hey guys

yesterday i got a nolathane enhancement kit from alted installed and i though it would have fixed my suspension problems but no it hasnt. when i go over speed humps the left hand front makes like a groaning type noise which its done for a few months now and yeah i just dont know what it is. also when going over speed humps dead straight the front wheels go over the speed hump crooked but the rears are straight as.sometimes when i put the handbrake down too is makes a noise like something is hitting metal???

Gotta love theses cars aye

Any help would be great cheers

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

any1?? please this is driving me crazy after i just spent a s**t to get that nolathane kit installed. i was hoping it would fix all my suspension problems but it hasnt.

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Manual

VIC, Australia

Well if anything isn't obviously bent or broken and you have all new bushes then it could only be a worn shock absorber and/or wheel alignment.

Sounds like a worn shock.
Is the wheel straight and does it make any noises when you turn at full lock left and right?

Manual EL Gli.
Mods: Crow Stg3, Chiptorque Dynotune. Lukey Exhaust. DBA slotted rotors, EBC Pads. Whiteline Low Susp. EL GT Swaybars, ROH Envy 17 x235 wheels. Vehicle Datalogger Display V2.0,

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yeah the wheel is straight and the shock isnt that old so i hope its not its a bilstein!!!

nothing looks bent or broken im thinking maybe ball joints or something like that?

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:59 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Most likely cause of the problems

Bushes
Ball Joints
Shock Absorbers
Springs
Loose LH Front door - check the hinges

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

This is so frustrating.

i think my brakes are a bit screwy now but again only on the passenmger side. when just going straight and not applying brakes al high speeds ui get a bit of a shake its not smooth. feels like something is rubbing on the left side but i can't see anything wrong.

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: GTHO PH 1 EF ex chaser

QLD, Australia

Very carefully check casterbar bushes as it sounds like left one is moving. Have somebody outside the car watch the front wheel movement as you apply the brakes going past them the distance between wheel and front or back of guard should not vary when brakes are applied :shock:

Rotten Old Revhead!!! XW GTHO + EF ex cop car (exractors 2.5 cat back zorst !6" Simmons K&N +airbox mods Lowered with Bilstein shocks+Whiteline Bars NEXT THING Swap HO for GTP or Ferrari!

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

GTBob wrote:
Very carefully check casterbar bushes as it sounds like left one is moving. Have somebody outside the car watch the front wheel movement as you apply the brakes going past them the distance between wheel and front or back of guard should not vary when brakes are applied :shock:

i will have to try this but i got all my bushes replaced last week so i dont think its that. The car has always done this too its just i thought it was the bushes but they have all been replaced. another thing is sonce ive bought the car the left front always wears alot on the outside of the wheel. since i have bought it all bushes have been done, lowered it and new shocks and new swaybar and the problem is still there.

Anyone please help!!!! :cry:

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:52 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 92 EB Sedan & 73 XA GT Coupe

WA, Australia

maybe a warped rotor but its a long shot?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]