Fordmods Logo

Pedders or king springs 

Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: Pedders or king springs
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:04 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: BA Xr6

QLD, Australia

righto they around 1000 for the set arnt they?

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

NO idea. Have you called some places to get some quotes? Only sure way to know what the price range is.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

Rough guesses on price for Koni Yellows is closer to $1400.....

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Shop around and negotiate as hard as u can. I got my Bilstein shocks supply and fit for $1000.00

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:23 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1995 EF Falcon

SA, Australia

lol.. springs are from the same manufacturer, like down here its Adelaide Springs on Port Road. Pedders and Kings get theirs coloured differently thats all.. Go to the manufacturer and get them for 60 bucks a pair, ok they dont have any colour on them big deal.

South Australia.. Heaps good.

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

They are made by the same manufacturer but to different specs. I had super low kings & pedders sportsrider eqivalents and even looking at them definately not identical.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:29 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

skidder wrote:
They are made by the same manufacturer but to different specs. I had super low kings & pedders sportsrider eqivalents and even looking at them definately not identical.

yes certainly, i'm just remarking on the ridiculous mark up put on them, we'd just coat them in engine enamel.

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Markup does not equal profit.

How many pairs of springs would you buy in a year? I know I've only bought one pair in the last 2 years, and I have more car's than I can poke a big stick at. There isn't a huge trading volume of springs, so the prices are going to be higher.

If you get a good quality set of springs that lasts you say 5 years, the cost isn't really that great.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:40 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
Markup does not equal profit.

How many pairs of springs would you buy in a year? I know I've only bought one pair in the last 2 years, and I have more car's than I can poke a big stick at. There isn't a huge trading volume of springs, so the prices are going to be higher.

If you get a good quality set of springs that lasts you say 5 years, the cost isn't really that great.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Wtf you talking about?
you either want to pay more for the same thing or you dont, doesnt matter if your buying one million sets as a car manufacturer or you're just buying them for your car.. nevertheless, kings and pedders and what have you sell loads of springs and make a considerable profit out of it.
Why pay a hell of a lot more just cause theyre coloured.. just think for two minutes.

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

chris sieclay wrote:
Wtf you talking about?
you either want to pay more for the same thing or you dont, doesnt matter if your buying one million sets as a car manufacturer or you're just buying them for your car.. nevertheless, kings and pedders and what have you sell loads of springs and make a considerable profit out of it.
Why pay a hell of a lot more just cause theyre coloured.. just think for two minutes.

Don't worry, I'm thinking. I actually know the "cost price" of some of the common kings springs, you would be surprised how much they cost the retailers (I work in the auto parts industry atm). If you think that markup = profit, you need to think a bit harder about it & all the costs involved.

Yes they could be cheaper, but then the costs of doing business will have to come down to be able to sell them at a lower markup. Am I willing to take a pay cut to make parts at the store I work in cheaper? Hell no, the pay is already rather poor. Going any further into this is too off topic for the thread.

At the end of the day both Pedders & Kings will do the job in a street car, and it depends on the ride the OP is after or will compromise on, as well as budget, as Pedders springs are usually more expensive than Kings, to what they will pick.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:03 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: BA Xr6

QLD, Australia

Saying the iv already purchased Pedders and holy f**k!! They have either supplied the wrong springs for the part number or my car is different to every other ba..... In that my back is 10mm shorter the. What Pedders guides say and my front is 250mm higher the. Wha Pedders guides say... So can anyone explain that? Taking it to them within the next month and yes I have cross checked there parts numbers with the supplied items and even rang them for advice " it all should be right" was a common response

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Did u rip of the sticker on the springs? as the part number is on them and box...

Measure from bottem of rim to gaurd and ask them what its sopposed to sit at and compare mm size

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

well i've got pedders sports ryder shocks and kings springs ultra lows on rear and peders lows on the front and it handles really well.i lasted one day on the ultra lows with standard shocks was too bouncy!!! i like the sports ryders gives ya a stiffer ride.

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

chris sieclay wrote:
skidder wrote:

yes certainly, i'm just remarking on the ridiculous mark up put on them, we'd just coat them in engine enamel.

Haha, yeah the mark up is ridiculous considering the manufacturing cost is essentially the same. Luckily I got my barely used Pedders ones for $20.50 courtesy of ebay :lol:

Not exactly sure how much more the pedders ones retail for than the kings though? If it was less than 30% I would still pay it for the improved handling and ride of the pedders.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EB falcon

QLD, Australia

i have pedders superlows all round in the eb and honestly i dont like them they are too hard with the pedders shocks, kings are good but they have gone downhill in there process they just aint what they used to be, if you have the money try priceing up a full tein package. if not try lovells dad has them in the old xb gt and they havent given any headachs.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next