Fordmods Logo

Possibly the biggest E series brake upgrade…. 

Page 3 of 4 [ 48 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:38 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

doin the rear soon i'm putting 365mm with a 4 piston ap caliper and also a seperate ap caliper for the hand brake

wait till you see my.................

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

damn... Good stuff, they look good. Did you do the engineering work or get someone else to do it all. Also is the front setup running a standard E series offset or a AU/BA offset.

I'd love to see some pics of the rear when you do it.

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:50 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

yeah got them made in nsw by some bloke i never met, my mate owns cebco he hooked it up for me its a one off set, i had to do further mods to get them to fit perfect, its still e series offset and still has abs stops on a 5c piece cant wait to get the back done and get it on a track to really push them, its a bit hard on the road to give it all they got but at 200k's it stops alot quicker than my mates r8 clubby with the premium brake kit and ebc pads!!!!

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

ELGT wrote:
I think you may have some issues there mate, as the swept area of the pad is less than that of the rotor. I would believe that you would need a larger pad area, as from the bottom of the pad to the hat there is alot of unused rotor, causing a step in rotor wear, and alot of surface area going to waste.
By the look of the pics, the pad only covers 2/3 of the rotor.
I quite agree with ya. a lot of wasted surface on the rotor.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Slick wrote:
ELGT wrote:
I think you may have some issues there mate, as the swept area of the pad is less than that of the rotor. I would believe that you would need a larger pad area, as from the bottom of the pad to the hat there is alot of unused rotor, causing a step in rotor wear, and alot of surface area going to waste.
I quite agree with ya. a lot of wasted surface on the rotor.

Yes there is, but the pictures are a little deceiving, its only about 10mm that is been missed by the pads. Still not ideal, but that’s all part of piecing together something like this yourself, not everything always goes to plan. All the same given the larger rotor, which alone gives a larger surface area, as well as the better calliper the setup is still giving an significant increase in breaking ability.
And more importantly, it looks 100% better than the old setup :D

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

The brakes & rims would cost more than i care to imagine! Yes they do look great, but what's the ride comfort like with 20's & such low profile rubber?

Also, how the hell does it fit with stock upper arm & ball joint? Or have they been modified to suit?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
The brakes & rims would cost more than i care to imagine! Yes they do look great, but what's the ride comfort like with 20's & such low profile rubber?

Also, how the hell does it fit with stock upper arm & ball joint? Or have they been modified to suit?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Its not my car, but I could only imaging that ride would be fairly rough. The tyre and ball joint clearance is a big thing, the tyres that were bought only just clear it at 245/30 20. Saying that, originally it had 245/35 19 that cleared it with ease, then a different brand of 245/35 19 were put on and they hit on the bottom of the ball joint, 235/35 19 were then fitted to resolve the problem. It just goes to show not all tyres are created equal..

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

tjb45 wrote:
ToranaGuy wrote:

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Its not my car, but I could only imaging that ride would be fairly rough. The tyre and ball joint clearance is a big thing, the tyres that were bought only just clear it at 245/30 20. Saying that, originally it had 245/35 19 that cleared it with ease, then a different brand of 245/35 19 were put on and they hit on the bottom of the ball joint, 235/35 19 were then fitted to resolve the problem. It just goes to show not all tyres are created equal..

Very interesting and a very tight fit!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

GM-KILA wrote:
yeah got them made in nsw by some bloke i never met, my mate owns cebco he hooked it up for me its a one off set, i had to do further mods to get them to fit perfect, its still e series offset and still has abs stops on a 5c piece cant wait to get the back done and get it on a track to really push them, its a bit hard on the road to give it all they got but at 200k's it stops alot quicker than my mates r8 clubby with the premium brake kit and ebc pads!!!!

Thats an f&$@in awesome kit there dude lol

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:00 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

thanks bro cost a packet to let me tell ya

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

I bet it wouldve espescially when the rears are done but will be a wicked setup...i'd love a set.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:09 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

yeah should stop pretty well when the rears are done not that it dont now but at least it will be in proportion!

Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL fairmont offroader

VIC, Australia

ELGT wrote:

The left side of the caliper isn't on properly.

wrecking 9/97 EL fairmont sedan burgundy 6cyl auto 270k modBAintake

Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T

Mr.Kiss wrote:
Rick's EF Fairmont Wagon wrote:
Territory discs are the cheapest option at 322mm they are bigger than BA/BF

I'm pretty sure BAmk2 onwards got the 322mm brakes standard

nah mate, unfortunatly it was only BF that got the Terry brake upgrade, the BA mkii had the same brakes as the MKi afaik....

300+rwkw HeadsexTuned XR6 Turbo Ute *NOW SOLD :(*
MK Triton with 31" muddies, 2" lift and 3" turbo back exhaust etc...

Post subject: Re: Possibly the biggest E series brake upgrade….
Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:01 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 2002 AUII Fairlane Sportsman V8

SA, Australia

I know this is a very very old thread but is the op @tjb45 or @GM-KILA still about?

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next