Fordmods Logo

Possibly the biggest E series brake upgrade…. 

Page 1 of 4 [ 48 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Possibly the biggest E series brake upgrade….
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

Well over the last day and a half I helped a mate fit up the brake upgrade we have been working on for the last 6 odd months. It consists of a 355 mm Brake rotor, Wilwood 6 piston calliper and Modifies uprights. We will now start on making something up for the rears.

To get the clearance right for the callipers we had to change the offset to same as an AU/BA. So we are using a spare set of BA XR8 18 inch rims with hub adapters on the rear I had sitting around for the time been. The plan is to get a set of 20 inch rims to suit over the next week or so.

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:17 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ef gli

QLD, Australia

excellent pics, good job!

Garthr

Those who say "it can't be done" shouldn't interrupt those who are doing it.

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

That looks very well done & very sexy, but i think i'd have a heart attack when i see the price!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF 95' Fairmont

WA, Australia

i want i want

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

What sort of cost was that for the parts?
I'd lvoe a set of those.

By the way, what are those front struts?

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

cost... well I'm not 100% sure, but I think.....
Disks were $1000+
Wilwood 6 pistons callipers I think were $600 odd each
Modified uprights with the correct brackets to suit the callipers, new hubs with the EL type ABS sensor wheel, all need ball joins and bearings and braided brake lines all ADR approved were around $2000.

I believe the cost for the modified uprights will be allot cheaper for any more sets as allot of the price was in the initial CNC design and some trial and error with the offset.

Once again it isn’t my car and I wasn’t paying the bills so I'm not 100% sure on it all sorry..

The suspension setup has all be done by Drummond Motor Sport http://www.dmshocks.com/
The front is a set of adjustable coil over’s, the rear I'm not sure about..

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

Mate, can you suggest to whoever got the kit sorted to maybe work out a package and make it available to us?

That is dead sexy and what we have needed for a long time. The slotted dbas don't really cut it :?

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 2021 Amarok V6

SA, Australia

Fwaarrrk there Huge! :shock: I want :D

2021 V6 Manual Amarok - 245kw/750nm - many goodies
1997 EL Fairmont Ghia 4.0 - Heritage Green & Cappa
2010 Suzuki GSX650F - when I want to be silly

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el falcon

Power: 608 rwkw

WA, Australia

very nice, good job

# 1997 EL Falcon GLI - 600+rwkw

# 2008 FPV FG GTE - Xa Coilovers, 20x8/ 20x10 Fairladys

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

As i suspected, a looooooong way outta my budget! I think i will have to make do with the stock brakes on my EB for a while yet! Atleast it's nice to know what some people are spending on their brakes.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:56 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: NC Fairlane Ghia

VIC, Australia

that looks awesome!

even if it were possible for them to sell the modded uprights/hubs/caliper mounts to suit BA rotors and calipers,(ba calipers and rotors are everywhere, cheap.) they'd sell like anything, and be a very worthwhile mod for any modded eseries

A lot of people concentrate on making power, but slap some slotted rotors on and call it done, simply due to the lack of options <2k

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BF3 Egas wag SY AWD Terry Ghia

VIC, Australia

I love them but the price is just scary. $6000 total is more than the car was worth to start with. Territory discs are the cheapest option at 322mm they are bigger than BA/BF and nearly as big as phoon discs at 325mm. Use the BA/BF calipers. I got a pair of them brand new for $50. I really should have built some up when I had access to a milling machine in my old job. Being a total tight a*** I didn't get right into it as the wheel upgrade will be over a grand. I will be looking out for suitable wheels then I will get excited about machining adapters for the Fairmont. I am more excited about changing wheels on this car as the ef mont wheels are soooooo ugly.

BF3 Egas XT Wagon
SY Territory Ghia AWD 6spA :))

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:29 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

i vaguely remember an artical from street fords about after market brakes for e series with custom stubs and i think they were mustang or hsv calipers. im not sure of the disk size the price for that kit was around $1700...

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
i vaguely remember an artical from street fords about after market brakes for e series with custom stubs and i think they were mustang or hsv calipers. im not sure of the disk size the price for that kit was around $1700...

Those are sold by Tony from UPC or MR-SPARES on eBay. The problem is that they leave you with a 20mm offset, so you need custom wheels for the front as if you use e-series offset wheels they'll stick out 20mm to far and if you use AU-onwards wheels they'll be inwards by 15mm.

And I believe the calipers are VE crapadore units.

End of last year Tony said he was developing a new kit to give AU-onwards offset. He reckoned it would be ready by the 8th of January. I spoke to him again last week and he said in a couple more weeks.

AFAIK he's also the guy FTG got in contact with some time ago to try to develope a kit.

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ELXR8 SERIES 2

SA, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:

Those are sold by Tony from UPC or MR-SPARES on eBay. The problem is that they leave you with a 20mm offset, so you need custom wheels for the front as if you use e-series offset wheels they'll stick out 20mm to far and if you use AU-onwards wheels they'll be inwards by 15mm.

And I believe the calipers are VE crapadore units.

End of last year Tony said he was developing a new kit to give AU-onwards offset. He reckoned it would be ready by the 8th of January. I spoke to him again last week and he said in a couple more weeks.

AFAIK he's also the guy FTG got in contact with some time ago to try to develope a kit.

i wouldnt hold my breath waiting for that kit. i too have spoken with him about his big brake kit and i dont like the answers ive been given. he contradicts him self all the time making it realy hard to get a correct answer and why the hell would you make a kit that has neither the offset of ea/el or au/ba and claim that wheels with both offsets will work fine :?

EL XR8 SERIES 2, 5SPD, HOT CHILLI RED, 200 ODD RWKW OF V8 FUN AND GAMES

EF XR6, 5SPD, HERITAGE GREEN, AU XR6 VCT ENGINE

VL COMMODORE, 5SPD, WHITE

BA XT, AUTO, OFFSHORE BLUE

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 4  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next