Fordmods Logo

REVIEW: VPS SOLENOID INSTALLED IN MY BOX. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: REVIEW: VPS SOLENOID INSTALLED IN MY BOX.
Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:32 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL FAIRMONT

WA, Australia

ok i bit the bullet and took my EL in for the works.

anyone else that has fitted a VPS or FORCE MOTOR. share there thoughts on it. as so far my experience has been excellent.

but that said, my box was pretty rubbish before hand.

the only mechanical problems i have had is the bad shifts.

and killing my rear exstension housing from some "spirited driving"

i had the entire exstension housing replaced. teflon rings inspected etc (all was well)

yoke polished.

my S5 replaced with an adjustable VPS solenoid from an evil commodore.

a flush

and a major service.

i have to say. because i was having absolutely RUBBISH shifts before, my views may be a bit over the top.

the changes now are amazing. not like a conventional box. but hard and fast changes, literally a quick click between each gears. feels like your driving a fast shifting manual.

and kick down is astronomical. the cars performance has been effected a great deal, and is a whole new experience.

being supercharged. its holds boost very well through out changes. where as before there was that lag as it took a second to recover from the rev drop from the poor changes.

i think the major difference is the fitment of that solenoid. the shifting is no longer that slushie 4spd experience as is elegantly places you into the next gear, so as to not disturb you on your drive to the local country club.

now its a harsh and precise change. although when driven in the "country club" manner it resumes its former self.

a worth while investment id say.

so if your S5 is rooted. tell your mechanic to fit a VPS solenoid from a commodore. there only $100 or so compared to the $200-600 S5 depending on your motoring contacts.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]