Fordmods Logo

Servicing an Auto Trans...?? 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Servicing an Auto Trans...??
Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:49 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 649

Joined: 20th Mar 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ive had my car (EB I6) for 2 years and haven't had the auto
transmission serviced at all.
I was wondering if its advisable to get a service done on the
tranny (should this be done regularly?) and how much its likely to be..

Cheers
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:54 am 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

hi
i would suggest that you should service your trans every 12 months
the 4sd auto is a good box but if you dont look after them they can cost you alot to repair or reco...

it should only cost about $90 to $130 to service it ..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 649

Joined: 20th Mar 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Thanks Troy, thats probably the go.
Get one lined up in the new year I reckon.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 40

Posts: 2015

Joined: 9th Mar 2005

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Territory TX AWD & AUII XLS EGAS

Location: East Kurrajong
NSW, Australia

I get mine serviced every 20,000km ... religiously.
Which is about once every 3 months.

 

_________________

04 Territory TX AWD - Winter White - optioned up
06 Falcon BFII XLS ute EGAS - Winter White - EGA-54D Version 2

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 54

Posts: 4102

Joined: 18th Nov 2004

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

Location: Carrum Downs
VIC, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
hi
i would suggest that you should service your trans every 12 months
the 4sd auto is a good box but if you dont look after them they can cost you alot to repair or reco...

it should only cost about $90 to $130 to service it ..


I'm with you, mine gets dome every 12 months, which works out to around every 20,000ks. cost me $110.

 

_________________

Image
She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 52

Posts: 4370

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BA Fairlane Ghia

Location: Karratha
WA, Australia

Get it flushed if it hasnt been changed in so long, costs more, but you will only change 40% of the oil, which leaves you with 60% crap oil.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 1279

Joined: 5th Apr 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Toyota Supra RZ

Location: Burwood Nights
VIC, Australia

I did that as well.. didnt service the auto..

so instead i'm going t5.. yayy !!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 6168

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

mine didnt get a service scince '98 and died earlier in the year...i wanted a t5 anyway :P

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:24 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 649

Joined: 20th Mar 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Just got a quote at $165 for a tranny service, including
a flush out.

This sound about right ??
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:27 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 40

Posts: 2015

Joined: 9th Mar 2005

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Territory TX AWD & AUII XLS EGAS

Location: East Kurrajong
NSW, Australia

If it's including a full flush ... that's pretty decent. As a good flush through will take about 20L of trans fluid and it's not cheap stuff either.

 

_________________

04 Territory TX AWD - Winter White - optioned up
06 Falcon BFII XLS ute EGAS - Winter White - EGA-54D Version 2

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 4146

Joined: 7th Dec 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

I do mine regularly, and I recommend you do too, as others had said.

My Dad had an EF Fairmont and he never serviced the auto. By the time we traded it in, it was a horrible clonker that didn't hold gears and was just plain unpleasant to drive.

 

_________________

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:49 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names