Fordmods Logo

Some T56 Questions 

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Some T56 Questions
Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

hey everyone im starting my research into the T56 for the supercharged NF project

and its coming near time to start gathering funds for the T56 and its fittings etc
i was talking to dad but he appears to have little to no knowledge on t56's at all as he has never had one

are tremac's and magna boxes the same in the T56 (like bell housing etc)
from what i could find on the net holdens T56's come closer to E series location up top for the gearshifter (any specific holden model T56 i should be chasing the most)
but from wikipedia holdens have a high input spline and lower output spline than fords do
is it possible to change this ? im guessing it would mean talking to the guys at malwood but i just want to know if anyone knows its possible before wasting there time

and this i highly doubt but idk dad said the T5 and T56 should have the same bell housing bolt pattern and should line up perfectly (dad has a T5 bell housing to suit my car in the shed)

and a little concern in the back of my head is ill have to J3 the ECU to manual it but will a standard manual tune work with the t56 ?

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Post subject: Re: Some T56 Questions
Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

dansedgli is getting rid of the t56 gear from his au project, not sure how much of it is useful to your car though

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-t56-conversion-t102709.html

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

I've wondered if the t56 from a vx ss would fit in a e series . Any commo 6 speed for that matter
Are all t56's the same ?? From v8 to 6 falcon to commodore ??

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

after a bit of brain storming it occured to me why dont i just use a holden clutch to suit the spline input and use the holden tailshaft yoke

should just be the bellhousing as the remaining problem

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

bry40l wrote:

from what ive read AU,BA,BF T56's line up completely differently to EF-EL

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

Ok, a Commodore T56 will fit with a Ford 6 bellhousing, input shaft modified and a commodore style yoke. What you need is a Ford T56 with a hybrid commodore/falcon rear.

A T5 bellhousing will NOT fit a T56.

Hope that helps.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

67RCE wrote:
Ok, a Commodore T56 will fit with a Ford 6 bellhousing, input shaft modified and a commodore style yoke. What you need is a Ford T56 with a hybrid commodore/falcon rear.

A T5 bellhousing will NOT fit a T56.

Hope that helps.

thank you very much mate

what do you mean a ford 6 bell housing (google gave no help)
might just have to ring malwood and see how hard it is to modify the input shaft and how much for a bellhousing to suit

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

he means a bell housing from a 6 cylinder.

would be easier to get a t56 form a xr6t then u woudnt need to worry about input shafts and bell housings.

afaik it bolts straight up, bottom 2 bolts wont line up??

youll have to cut the trans tunnel because the shifter sits back.

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
he means a bell housing from a 6 cylinder.

would be easier to get a t56 form a xr6t then u woudnt need to worry about input shafts and bell housings.

afaik it bolts straight up, bottom 2 bolts wont line up??

youll have to cut the trans tunnel because the shifter sits back.

the shifter sitting back wouldn't that affect the shifters inside position or is there some sorta part adapter that is required to bring the shifter back ?

do you have any idea how far out of line the bottom 2 bolts are ?

and just a thought i know ill have to ring my insurance agency and let em know the T56 has been put in when it has (do i have to let the green slip company know as well ?)
and does this require engineering ? as the NF never had a manual option even

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

its not the shifter itself but the rear of the box

i wouldnt even worry about insurance, but then again as u said they never came from factory

from dansedgli :D

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:

i wouldnt even worry about insurance, but then again as u said they never came from factory

That pic is from an AU. In an E Series, the shifter location is approx 90mm back. In an EA-D the console can be shifted back, but in an EF/L the shifter sits right at the plastic between the cupholder and shifter area. EF and EL require you to use the Mal Wood box.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

is the t56 from malwood made to fit an ef/el ??

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

67RCE wrote:
ef_falcon_95 wrote:

That pic is from an AU. In an E Series, the shifter location is approx 90mm back. In an EA-D the console can be shifted back, but in an EF/L the shifter sits right at the plastic between the cupholder and shifter area. EF and EL require you to use the Mal Wood box.

if thats the truth then the T56 is going to set me back alot of thousands

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Fordsrule174 wrote:
67RCE wrote:
ef_falcon_95 wrote:

if thats the truth then the T56 is going to set me back alot of thousands

I'll find a pic of how it sits in an EL. The tailshaft will need modifying regardless, so if you by a Commodore box, a BA/F bellhousing and input shaft, it can be done that way. Just so you know, Holden T56 have a speedo gear location where Ford ones do not.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next