Fordmods Logo

Splitting Upper Ball Joint On ED 

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Splitting Upper Ball Joint On ED
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Ghia 5.0

SA, Australia

I'm still not getting it. :? You mentioned that you had a way of doing the job without a press. I'm well aware of the usual method of removing them (as I DID search the forums on this and other occasions) but was interested in your non-press method. Why mention it if you don't want to share? I'm sure I'm not the only guy who is interested- why accuse me of being childish for simply asking? You doubted that there would be a 'thought out reply' when I only made a single post? What is this, a uni-exam? Been there, done that! I apologise for asking (all I said was 'I'm all ears') and will use the normal method when I install new ones in a couple of weeks. Thanks anyway.

Mike

EF Ghia 5.0 - XR8 in a tuxedo....classy, low and loud

Bordeaux Purple, Tickford kit, slammed, 18" BA XR8's, EL Ghia chrome, full leather, Pioneer audio, C&C, ABS, LSD, Crane cam, GT40P heads, high flow cats, Genie extractors, lots of woodgrain, chrome and interior lights!

Post subject: Re: Splitting Upper Ball Joint On ED
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:19 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

I suggest you read your posts again - you are carrying on.
V8 Ghia Mike wrote:
You doubted that there would be a 'thought out reply'
And there isn't. With the time you've spent carrying on, that could've been used to put together an answer.

I'll rephrase - "If you had to remove/install one side upper and lower ball joint set, you have general tools, etc, but no press, the car is your daily driver, and it needs to be on the road next day".
How would you go about it ??
V8 Ghia Mike wrote:
I'm still not getting it. :?
Most don't - they expect others to provide all the info with little input from themselves - then they mention 'sharing'.
Some key words to remember - 'Self help'.

This thread is a good example - what the OP describes is a usually simple procedure, yet there's been problems. The OP has got what he wants, and that's the end of his input.
I'd like to know how he did the job - he says he's done heaps, but there may be a flaw in his method - we could advise otherwise.

Others could read this and avoid getting into a similar situation.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2