Fordmods Logo

squeaky rattle noise coming from rear EL XR6 

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:39 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 9 images

VIC, Australia

would a bit of bearing grease work good enough ?

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL XR8 / GHIA / GT

NSW, Australia

callipers, i got the same problem, it's nothing in your suspension, i got quoted $315 to replace both rear callipers with labour.

EL II XR8
Pedders Sports Suspension
Pacemaker Exhaust system with Hi-Flow Cats
Tickford / GT Body Kit
Electric Sunroof / Moonroof
FR19 Simmons Wheels
Ghia / GT Interior

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:08 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

Just pull em down and rebuild them yourself.. a rebuild kit is a fraction of that. Send it away and your with out a car for the day, do it yourself, your still without a car, but you learn something and save some $$

I have a car.

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

Ok if it was calipers why did the same squeek occur when bumping rotors on my car with the calipers off. I would try the grease on the inner of the rotor where it meets the axle incase it is that and not a caliper rebuild.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL XR6, Blueprint, Turbo

VIC, Australia

i greased the slides on the calipers yesterday, seemed to work a bit, now its back to the usual again, im gonna get to the bottom of this.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Yeah I just did mine at work just then, no luck it still does it.

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF V8 Futura, 180sx

QLD, Australia

lol you all drive like drunks if ya hitting cat eyes all the time LOL

i noticed then i have my 20's on i get squeak but i dont reall hearing it when i got my stocko pusuits on it might be the mags rumbing the rotor when hit the bumps/cat eyes maybe apply slightest bit or HTB grease on the mag facings see if that works. or you can do what im going to do this week and remove every bush and put rubber grease on them and remove all barkeing system and grease everything that connect to another thing lol.

could try removing the hand shoes and go for a drive and see if it sqeaks or not it done well maybe look at sanding inner of rotor with some rought sand paper to remove any glase and rub hand brake shoe with rough sand paper and grease up there the hand brake shoes lean againt and before put rotor bback on spray some brake desqueak on inner rotor hub and the inner out of the rotor when rear brakes grip and see you ya go

Ford EF Futura Black
18" koya Strykers, AU engine with port and polish EB head, crow valve springs, standard cam, Large aftermarket RX7 turbo, T5 manual 3" intercooler piping, 600x300x100 intercooler core, MSII with innovate wideband O2 sensor and guage. BA F6 bodykit

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Tried that, didnt work :(

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF V8 Futura, 180sx

QLD, Australia

it could be the link bolt between sway bar and the body. the actual washers are scraping the link bolt when you hit bumps and they twist from the load.(mates ea he told me today when i was talking to him about this)

remove the link bolt and see if there any rubbing from the washer.
if so require replacement.

my squeak was the hand brake shoe rubbing the backing plate when i hit bumps i just removed hand brake got the wire brush and rubbed do the backing plate and hand brake shoe and put grease all over the shoe side and pivot and all fixed for me lol

see how you guys go

i also hard the rear springs squeaking due to the rubber insulator(top and bottom have gone HARD or slip or rub threw you can get new one from a repco or ford dealer or if ya little cheap you can just smother it in rubber grease and refit it all.(hehehe done that on mates eb)

Ford EF Futura Black
18" koya Strykers, AU engine with port and polish EB head, crow valve springs, standard cam, Large aftermarket RX7 turbo, T5 manual 3" intercooler piping, 600x300x100 intercooler core, MSII with innovate wideband O2 sensor and guage. BA F6 bodykit

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2