Fordmods Logo

Standard EF Gli Wagon wheel travel. 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Standard EF Gli Wagon wheel travel.
Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 474

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BA

Location: SYD
NSW, Australia

I'm wondering what the standard wheel travel is as NRMA will only allow an EF Gli Wagon to be lowered 1/3 of its original wheel travel. So the dimension I need is from fully extended to bump stop.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 1097

Joined: 10th Nov 2004

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: GU patrol, XH XR6, Isuzu Mux

Location: Mackay
QLD, Australia

i thaught you only needed to have a minimum 50mm clearance to the lowest part of your car.

 

_________________

' 96 Xh XR6 Ute
'96 DF LTD 6cy
'08 GU Nissan Patrol
'15 Isuzu MUX LST

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 11103

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: AU III XR8 Pursuit 250 ute

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

voids wrote:
i thaught you only needed to have a minimum 50mm clearance to the lowest part of your car.


insurance companies can make there own decision as to the maximum they'll allow.
iask your insurance company what the 1/3 of the wheel travel is. because if they can't tell you, then your safe to do what you want as they won't know different!

 

_________________

Heaps of performance EF/L parts for sale, including supercharged VCT motor!

2002 Ford AU Series III Falcon XR8 Pursuit 250 ute - 5.6L of V8 Windsor!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:43 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 7287

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

Location: Somewhere in
QLD, Australia

voids wrote:
i thaught you only needed to have a minimum 50mm clearance to the lowest part of your car.
:lol: if only!!!!!

100mm is the minimum...... even then you stand a chance of being harassed by the cops for being too low

 

_________________

Banned

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:53 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 474

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BA

Location: SYD
NSW, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
insurance companies can make there own decision as to the maximum they'll allow. iask your insurance company what the 1/3 of the wheel travel is. because if they can't tell you, then your safe to do what you want as they won't know different!


I think I'll ring Ford 'cause I'm sure if the car is written off then the inspectors will be able to find out the standard dimension and work out from there how much you've actually lowered the car. It really woudn't be much work for them to do if they would be saving their company 8 or 9 grand.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:20 am 
Site Admin
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 8831

Joined: 18th Dec 2002

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

HJThew wrote:
twr7cx wrote:
insurance companies can make there own decision as to the maximum they'll allow. iask your insurance company what the 1/3 of the wheel travel is. because if they can't tell you, then your safe to do what you want as they won't know different!


I think I'll ring Ford 'cause I'm sure if the car is written off then the inspectors will be able to find out the standard dimension and work out from there how much you've actually lowered the car. It really woudn't be much work for them to do if they would be saving their company 8 or 9 grand.


Its never worth lying to your insurance company. If youre going to do that, youre better off keeping the money in your own pocket. DIY Insurance.

 

_________________

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:26 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 474

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BA

Location: SYD
NSW, Australia

Waggin wrote:
Its never worth lying to your insurance company. If youre going to do that, youre better off keeping the money in your own pocket. DIY Insurance.


For sure. As this wagon is my mates central coast to city, work transport and also his wife's shopping trolley and three kid transporter it will not be worth the risk in case he or his wife has a prang.
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:56 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names