Fordmods Logo

suspension setup for drag racing... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: suspension setup for drag racing...
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:57 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

just wondering what is the best suspension setup for drag racing? my rear suspension has king springs, and peders shockers....i currently have problems with my takeoffs, i get wheelspin with the slicks, tyre pressure at 11psi and i do give a good burnout to heat it up.....i was thinking of getting soft springs and trying that....what do u guys sugest? alos my 60'foost are 1.7,1.8

4LTR-JET: 9.1 @150mph!!

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

i dont know a whole lot, but soft adjustable springs so you can softern or harden the spring. and a medium rebound as when it changes gear you dont want the power to come off and the back of the car to rise up too much / fast.

at least that way, you could make it half way drivable on roads when your not destroying tyres

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Post subject: Re: suspension setup for drag racing...
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EF GLi

WA, Australia

I want to know what people recommend in terms of suspension for street/strip use; my car is an EF Ghia with a worked NA 6, hi-stall/shiftkitted auto and factory 3.45 LSD which I plan to change to 4.11 gears. I have 15x8" rear wheels with 275/60 tyres. I'm aiming for a 13sec quarter with this combo. What I need to know know is how the suspension ought to be set up to give me the best chance of achieving this goal.

EF2 Fairmont Ghia. AU2 engine running EF gear. Intake, exhaust, injection etc; 8" rear stockies with 265/50R15 rubber. Shiftkitted auto, J3, custom grille and dash cluster and lots of other useless crap...

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

what power are you making and are you having traction problems down the quarter now? I have seen few people with adjustable koni's they put the rear ride height up high and make them soft.

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EF GLi

WA, Australia

No idea what power it's making at present, no traction issues but I want to ensure that I'm not doing anything counter-productive. Am I better off leaving the ride height close to standard or lowering? Would love to see it squatting over those tyres but not if it's going to cost me time. Also, which shocks to use?

EF2 Fairmont Ghia. AU2 engine running EF gear. Intake, exhaust, injection etc; 8" rear stockies with 265/50R15 rubber. Shiftkitted auto, J3, custom grille and dash cluster and lots of other useless crap...

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Standard shocks will be fine, just make sure you have sticky slicks or semi slicks. The tires you have are plenty wide enough. I was using skinnier tires with 3.9's and manual and mine was hooking up pretty well. I only got to do 1 pass and did 1.99 60ft and 13.80 quarter mile.

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]