Swishing sound from wheels 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Swishing sound from wheels
Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:30 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA Futura

NSW, Australia

Hey everybody

Yesterday i took off my rims and gave em a proper clean, inside and out.
They look pretty schmick now. The problem now is there's this swishing sound coming from the front right wheel at low speeds. I got home, took the rim off again and turned it holding the studs, again this swishing sound so i know its nothing to do with the fitting of the rim. It feels a bit tight when it rotates to one spot, and the swishing sound starts. Are my discs warped? Problems with the hub? whats the go?

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

175.6 rwkw

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

The pads will always rub slightly on the rotor, it will go away after driving. If it doesnt the caliper sliding part could be seized or there is some dirt in between the pads and rotor.

Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:19 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Hmm well it has vanished now, must have been a bit of grit or something in there, phew. Thanks joolz

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

175.6 rwkw

Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

Sure it's not coming from the rear of the car? On a BA that sounds exactly like a handbrake needing adjusting, very common on BA's.

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:56 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Thats what i was worried about at first, but it was definately the front of the car. Jacked the car up, turned the front right wheel, swishy swishy. Gone now though, must of been a bit of dust or something. Ill keep an eye (or an ear? :lol: ) on it though

175.6 rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]