T5 Into EF Fairmont Dramas please help 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: T5 Into EF Fairmont Dramas please help
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:42 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: 1976 P6 LTD 351 Clevo, FMX, 9"in

VIC, Australia

G'day guys & girls, I have a dilema and was hoping someone could help me with this. I have just bought a T5 out of an EA S pak with the intention of sliping it into my EF Fairmont, I have everything needed to do the conversion except pedal assembly and Manual ECU. The problem I have is many people say that you can retain the original 4sp Auto ECU without modding it, others say you have to mod it but don't know how, and then there are others again who say if you do retain the auto ECU even with modding it, it will never run right. So as you can see this has put a spanner in the works as I am now so confused. If anyone can help me out in anyway it would be much appreciated.Thank you Cheers!!!

1976 P6 LTD, 351 Clevo, FMX, 9"inch

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon EGas

WA, Australia

Ask Neo_Nick as he is in the same boat as you.

It will run once modded, but never quite right. Very drivable but.

BA Falcon Futura on EGas. Stock as...

EF 5 speed manual; PH 4480 Pacemaker Headers; 2 1/2" Lukey Mandrel Bent System; Hi Flow Walker Cat; Stage 3 Crow Cam; ChipTorque Chip; 3" Mandrel Bent Intake; K&N Pod Filter; Low Pedders Suspension; 17" EL GT Champagne Rims; RPM Series Clutch

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:29 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I have a T5 in my EL Ghia.

You need to add 2 resistors between 3 wires. I cant remember the values off the top of my head, but I will be looking tonight.

One is to tell the ECU the transmission temp is OK, so as not to run the thermo fans 100% all the time.

The other is to tell the ECU the transmission is in Drive. This will select the drive maps and make the car the most driveable. It also keeps the RPM a little lower as well.

A manual ECU is better. It will control the idle and acceleration better. But considering how hard they are to find, this does the job just as well.

I have occasional idle problems.. Too high, slow to drop down. Rarely does it drop low, but it does the job very well.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]