Fordmods Logo

This looks interesting, El brake adapters 

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: This looks interesting, El brake adapters
Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Turbo VT, VL Calais Trubo, HQ SS

VIC, Australia

This is very interesting.... I am currently in the market for a particular set of rims which requires the AU offset and the only way around it is to run spacers or hub adapters, which I am trying to avoid.

Or changing over to a AU diff with 3.45 gears (bloody hard to find) and change the front end over to a big brake upgrade which will cost me close to $3000 all I think.

So this option seems pretty reasonable. If I purchased these I would definately have them engineered. Would they pass?

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:46 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Probably the best option for your AU Diff, is to gram a stock 3.08:1, $200 or so and then have 3.45:1 gears and LSD fitted. If you already have this, Gears and LSD fitted on the EL, then use them in the swap over. Replace the bearings, seals etc, freshen up the LSD and you are away. Probably set you back in the $750 mark at a good diff joint. This will put you well within the $3K budget you are setting plus of course your wheels & Tyres.

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Turbo VT, VL Calais Trubo, HQ SS

VIC, Australia

SWC wrote:
Probably the best option for your AU Diff, is to gram a stock 3.08:1, $200 or so and then have 3.45:1 gears and LSD fitted. If you already have this, Gears and LSD fitted on the EL, then use them in the swap over. Replace the bearings, seals etc, freshen up the LSD and you are away. Probably set you back in the $750 mark at a good diff joint. This will put you well within the $3K budget you are setting plus of course your wheels & Tyres.

Yes that might be my only option. But I am very interested to find out more about these adapters. This would only cost me a third of the price. And if I can get them engineered that would be a bonus.

What are the chances of that?

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2