Fordmods Logo

Toe-in Adjustment. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Toe-in Adjustment.
Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:16 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

I have an EB 5.0ltre Fairmont with a full pedders suspension kit. I recently changed on both sides of the front suspension, The Upper and Lower ball-joints on the spindle/axle, wheel bearings, Discs, and Tie-Rod Ends.

On my drivers side , I had one of those Tie-Rod Ends with the grease nut at the bottom. On the passenger side I had a standard replacement one with no grease nut at the bottom. It took 20 turns to take off my drivers side one , and 22.5 turns to take off the passenger side one. I bought two brand new Tie-rod Ends, this time both the same, with grease nut at the bottom so I can service them later. I put them both on the same amount of turns as when I took the old ones off, 20trns drvs side , 23 turns on passenger. I then put the steering wheel strait and the drivers side disc looked like it was pointing strait.

I then had a look at the passenger side disc and noticed it looked like it was pointing to the left a little. I then put the tyres back on and took her for a test. The ride was smoothe as. But the steering had to be turned a little to the right to let the car go in a strait line. If i hold the steering wheel dead center the car wanders off to the left, like when your changing lanes.

I'm prettey sure Toe-In is out a little since the passenger side had a standard Tie-Rod end on it, and I replaced it with the better one.

My question is, if on an EB with sandard suspension parts the (Preferred)Toe-in distance is 3mm, and an EB with Tickford suspension the (Preferred) Toe-In distance is 0mm (between -1.5 and 1.5mm), What would be the best Toe-In distance For an EB with a full pedders suspension kit? Would it be the same as or closer to tickford Specifications "0mm Preferred Toe-In distance", or stock.

Keep in mind I have superlows in the front suspension and Mid Lows in the back suspension. If anyone has knows what spec I should set the Toe-In could you please give me some advice?

Sorry for such a long post but I thought it would be best to post the exact situation.

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:25 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR8 Ute, XD Sedan (not runnin

SA, Australia

Mate i would take it somewhere professional like a tyre or wheel allignment place, they are the experts

NF Fairlane Series 2
XE S pack Sedan

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: GTHO PH 1 EF ex chaser

QLD, Australia

With lowered suspension use tickford settings as a start and rechecktyre wear after 5000 kms :roll: :twisted:

Rotten Old Revhead!!! XW GTHO + EF ex cop car (exractors 2.5 cat back zorst !6" Simmons K&N +airbox mods Lowered with Bilstein shocks+Whiteline Bars NEXT THING Swap HO for GTP or Ferrari!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]