Fordmods Logo

[DELETED-irrelevant] 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: [DELETED-irrelevant]
Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

[self-deleted]

Last edited by blackjack_original on Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Jerking steering wheel.
Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

blackjack_original wrote:
I'm having a bit of a problem. The steering wheel seems to jerk clockwise, about once every revolution of the wheel. The car also pulls to the right. )I need to hold the wheel at about 40ish degrees off centre for the car to go straight. If I let go of the steering wheel, slowly it will jerk all the way to full lock. This happens both when going forwards and in reverse(goes C. clockwise when reversing) , irrelevant of speed. The typical shudder of the warped disk when breaking, this is not. While, the disks are warped, they are not warped much. I also found that there is a bit of luft on the lower ball joint. The thing that has me scratching my head, is that there is far too much jerking for such a small amount luft and disk warp. I'm just waiting for the damn steering arm to pop out, or worse the ball joint itself. I've had wheels flying under the car before, would like to avoid this happening again.
Yeah, i've checked the bearing too, they're fine. Any ideas? I'm gonna fix the disc and the ball joint, but i'm wondering if there isn't somehting i'm missing.
check steering rack,pressure is not balanced,fix and repair,then have steering and wheel alignment checked

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Post subject: Re: Jerking steering wheel.
Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

blackjack_original wrote:
I'm having a bit of a problem. The steering wheel seems to jerk clockwise, about once every revolution of the wheel. The car also pulls to the right. )I need to hold the wheel at about 40ish degrees off centre for the car to go straight. If I let go of the steering wheel, slowly it will jerk all the way to full lock. This happens both when going forwards and in reverse(goes C. clockwise when reversing) , irrelevant of speed. The typical shudder of the warped disk when breaking, this is not. While, the disks are warped, they are not warped much. I also found that there is a bit of luft on the lower ball joint. The thing that has me scratching my head, is that there is far too much jerking for such a small amount luft and disk warp. I'm just waiting for the damn steering arm to pop out, or worse the ball joint itself. I've had wheels flying under the car before, would like to avoid this happening again.
Yeah, i've checked the bearing too, they're fine. Any ideas? I'm gonna fix the disc and the ball joint, but i'm wondering if there isn't somehting i'm missing.
check steering rack,pressure is not balanced,fix and repair,then have steering and wheel alignment checked

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]