Fordmods Logo

Transmission woes (EF ghia) 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Transmission woes (EF ghia)
Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1992 EBII Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Hey guys I've been having a problem with my transmission, basically whenever I'm accelerating (2000rpm) for a split second the car will rev up to 2500RPM without accelerating then thump back into gear and instantly drop back down to the initial 2000RPM.

Problem 2: Also rarely when it's cold stopped at an intersection with a slight incline, it'll pop out of gear and roll back in D and if I move the shifter around it won't pop back into gear, the only way to get it back into gear is to rev it up to around 2k then it snaps back into gear.

Problem 3: The gear shifter brake (the thing that stops you from going from D to R without pushing the shifter button) is stuffed and brakes the shifter at N instead of D.

Anyone know what could be causing these issues??

I'm trying to sell the car and really don't want to spend much money replacing the auto, the box was in excellent condition 10 000k's ago. Could it be a problem with the linkages?? I've tried adjusting them but because of the incorrect shifter brake can't do it properly, the red indicator on the shifter area doesn't exactly line up with PRND321 indicators either.

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Transmission woes (EF ghia)
Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:20 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Get the gearbox serviced and as for your gear mark indicators, get your shift linkages adjusted.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]