Fordmods Logo

Trasmission Plugs 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Trasmission Plugs
Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 4609

Joined: 29th Jul 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

Location: Launceston
TAS, Australia

The wiring plugs that connect the trans loom to the engine loom, are they the same in between EL I6's and V8's

in short, are they interchangable?

 

_________________

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 2449

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: Falcon EB-s

Location: Manjimup
WA, Australia

The v8s run a TCM, so being a seperate module the harnesses may be seperate?

 

_________________

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 4609

Joined: 29th Jul 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

Location: Launceston
TAS, Australia

Andrew J wrote:
The v8s run a TCM, so being a seperate module the harnesses may be seperate?


i know they have a TCM, On boxcars the trans loom plugs into the engine loom which is where the TCM plugs into. They are interchange-able on boxcars, i just wanna know if its the same story on ELs

 

_________________

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Trasmission Plugs
Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:04 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 53

Posts: 5589

Joined: 14th Jan 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

Location: South Coast
NSW, Australia

fordzatmyplace wrote:
The wiring plugs that connect the trans loom to the engine loom, are they the same in between EL I6's and V8's in short, are they interchangable?
As far as I6's go, in the EL's the transmission loom is integrated into the engine bay loom, whereas EF's and earlier had interconnectors.
I can't comment about the V8's.

Post what you actually want to do, so everyone has a clear idea, and can answer you better.

 

_________________

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Trasmission Plugs
Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 4609

Joined: 29th Jul 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

Location: Launceston
TAS, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
fordzatmyplace wrote:
The wiring plugs that connect the trans loom to the engine loom, are they the same in between EL I6's and V8's in short, are they interchangable?
As far as I6's go, in the EL's the transmission loom is integrated into the engine bay loom, whereas EF's and earlier had interconnectors.
I can't comment about the V8's.

Post what you actually want to do, so everyone has a clear idea, and can answer you better.


well i am doing a full EL conversion on my boxcar, but i don't have a trasmission loom. As my original ones are different.

I need to know if i have to buy a trassmission loom that is from a car originally fitted with a 5L

 

_________________

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:49 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names