Fordmods Logo

Wheels to fit EF Falcon 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: Wheels to fit EF Falcon
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

:D I was wondering if it is legal to fit BA or AU wheels to a EF and what mods need to be done. Cheers

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

ip check?
do a search mate.

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Soulfire wrote:
ip check?

wha?
Soulfire wrote:
do a search mate.

yea, a search would have revealed that you can fit au/ba/bf wheels to a pre-au falcon through the use of hub adapters. legality of using these is unclear, best to speak to the local transport authority!
another thing yo can do is fit au suspension, requires a lot of work and is not straight bolt in. possible, but is it worth the huge amounts of work, time and expense simply to get a larger selection of wheels?

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Mitch_ wrote:
Soulfire wrote:
ip check?

wha?

Just thinkin the :D at the start of the post, the fact this is this users first post plus it's in the wrong section - and you know how the conversations on this topic normally go, just wondering if it was a duplicate account.

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

not a duplicate account! and there are other ways to stir s**t...

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:25 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

[quote="Mitch_"]not a duplicate account! and there are other ways to stir s**t...[/quote]

Gee sorry to dissapoint Eddy the expert. Should'nt he be in some sort of Toyota club? :?:

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:38 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Soulfire wrote:
ip check?
do a search mate.

Lay off, He is a new member asking a legit question, would be nice if someone could assist instead of dumping on him. He may not be aware of the search program and he has mistakenly posted in the Tech Doc section because he had a technical question. I see this all the time from certain people and it is annoying. I thought this site was to help people that don't know and share knowlege not dump on people when they have a simple question. And to answer the qustion, Yes you can fit AU/BA rims to EF/EL and earlier cars but you need Hub Adapters as the offset is different. Need to check on the legality of adapters but don't think they are legal in NSW.

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:43 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

[quote="paulc"][quote="Soulfire"]ip check?
do a search mate.[/quote]
Lay off, He is a new member asking a legit question, would be nice if someone could assist instead of dumping on him. He may not be aware of the search program and he has mistakenly posted in the Tech Doc section because he had a technical question. I see this all the time from certain people and it is annoying. I thought this site was to help people that don't know and share knowlege not dump on people when they have a simple question. And to answer the qustion, Yes you can fit AU/BA rims to EF/EL and earlier cars but you need Hub Adapters as the offset is different. Need to check on the legality of adapters but don't think they are legal in NSW.[/quote]

Thanks Paul, your spot on, appreciate your assistance. :D

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

/moved - keep it on topic people!

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hey I wasn't trying to have a go at all. I was just saying use the search function rather than start another one of these threads where people argue about the legality or practicality of hub adaptors or whatever.
as has been said, they will fit if you use hub adaptors or spacers, but it's not really the best idea if anything for insurance. just get e series offset wheels and deal with it.

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Mitch_ wrote:
Soulfire wrote:
do a search mate.

yea, a search would have revealed that you can fit au/ba/bf wheels to a pre-au falcon through the use of hub adapters. legality of using these is unclear, best to speak to the local transport authority!
another thing yo can do is fit au suspension, requires a lot of work and is not straight bolt in. possible, but is it worth the huge amounts of work, time and expense simply to get a larger selection of wheels?

did i not accurately reply to the post?

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

i swaer there used to be a sticky on au onwards wheels on earlier cars, can't see it any more. there really should be one again in the exterior section and in this suspension, driveline and brake section too...

Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:30 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Thats cool. It was my first time using the site and I was in the tech section looking for info. My son has just bought an EF and I was after someone to back be up as i told him they just don't fit straight on and are probably not legal anyway.

Thanks for your advise,cheers Kel.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]