Fordmods Logo

Whiteline 30mm front swaybar, does it come with D brackets? 

Page 2 of 3 [ 31 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: Whiteline 30mm front swaybar, does it come with D brackets?
Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
cjh wrote:
The sideways movement is taken up by the outer links and link bushes.
KJ Lasers had limiters too....exept the early ones....remember fitting them as a TSB fix.....only they were rubber that was superglued to the swaybar, then a stainless steel band put over the top like a CV Joint boot band.
Unless the swaybar is contacting the shock towers, I can't really see the need for the limiters, the sideways movement would be controlled by both linkpins.

You would think that, aye?, but no, the supplied link kits were crap, the swaybar would move either way so far that the end would be rubbing on the shockie........so, made my own link set-up, and fitted limiters.......haven't looked back.

Attachments:
IMGP0798_resize.JPG
IMGP0798_resize.JPG [ 59.86 KiB | Viewed 244 times ]
IMGP0799_resize.JPG
IMGP0799_resize.JPG [ 108.93 KiB | Viewed 234 times ]

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:33 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: fg falcon

NSW, Australia

Tragilgas wrote:
Hi All,

I've just picked up a 30mm non-adjustable Whiteline front swaybar (part no. BFF35X) for my EF.

All that came in the package with it were two 30mm D bushes, but no D brackets that go around the D bushes. Does this mean that the stock brackets will fit with the new bigger sway bar and D bushes? This would mean that the bushes would have to be 3mm thinner than the stock ones (as the bar itself is 3mm thicker).

Or have Whiteline forgotten to pack the brackets?

Cheers

Hi ,

We were alerted to this forum and thought we could help.

The BFF35X does not come with brackets.We supply a bush that fits in the factory sway bar brackets.
Our range will vary with the sway bar kits.In some cases we supply universal barckets and bushes as we may not have been able to make a bush thick enough to fit in the factory bracket now that the diameter of the bar is larger or in some cases the factory bracket is to weak.

Some of our bars will come with links and this is usally if we have made an adjustable version and the factory link is unable to be moved to each adjustment hole.

We will always supply in the sway bar kits enough parts to fit to the car without any major modifications or drilling and in some cases the factory links or brackets may be retained and those kits will be less expensive .

We hope this clears up any issues and for a fast reply or to find out about our products or check they are correct it is better to email us support@whiteline.com.au than to post on the forum as we have the correct information at hand.

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:36 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Troy wrote:
yea i think you buy them seprate...part num KSK003-30 $24.35

These are the bushings not brackets .

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:37 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

cjh wrote:
I got brackets with my 30mm bar....coz the std brackets wont fit with those bushes...notice the location bits on the bush......btw, I made the sideways movement limiters my self.

Is your 30mm bar a BFF35X? as we do not supply brackets in that kit.

Looking at your pictures you have an adjustable sway bar and the BFF35X is non adjustable and runs the standard links .

Last edited by Whiteline on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:41 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

cjh wrote:
dc_todd wrote:
Interesting, I have run the 30mm bar and the adjustable bars previously, both have used the factory fitment D brackets. Unless you have purchased these and fitted them then the bush would come with the bracket I would assume, I have seen this setup before, but the whiteline gear in supplied form will use the Ford bracket unless you upgrade to the larger whiteline items.

Make sense?

I got my sway bars from Fulcrum suspension.....and they were in Whiteline boxes.....make any sense?

Fulcrum are a whiteline dealer and sell our sway bars and strut braces plus any other kits they want to sell.
We have many of dealers worldwide and even Pedders sell our sway bars and all Whiteline products as some of them are now Whiteline performance centres.

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:53 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

cjh wrote:
I got brackets with my 30mm bar....coz the std brackets wont fit with those bushes...notice the location bits on the bush......btw, I made the sideways movement limiters my self.

We sell these for very little they are around $35 at full retail with most shops selling them at way less and if you have trade ties they will be even cheaper .

Also we sell all styles of links to suite see below.These come in all sizes and lengths to suite.
They are in spherical or ball joint ends plus we do bush style links as well

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:31 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

cjh wrote:
snap0964 wrote:
cjh wrote:
The sideways movement is taken up by the outer links and link bushes.
KJ Lasers had limiters too....exept the early ones....remember fitting them as a TSB fix.....only they were rubber that was superglued to the swaybar, then a stainless steel band put over the top like a CV Joint boot band.
Unless the swaybar is contacting the shock towers, I can't really see the need for the limiters, the sideways movement would be controlled by both linkpins.

You would think that, aye?, but no, the supplied link kits were crap, the swaybar would move either way so far that the end would be rubbing on the shockie........so, made my own link set-up, and fitted limiters.......haven't looked back.

We notice you have used a bush at the bottom so if you were to move the link to another hole positin it would put extrem load on one side of the bush and split very easy.

We now have vertical ball joints in a few link kits to eliviate this as even with your set up the bush must take up its movement befor the bar starts to react and do its job and this is where a ball joint is so much better as it makes the sway bar react so much quicker.

Also the ball joint can be placed on any angle to be moved in different adjustment holes see picture below.

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:24 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Whiteline wrote:
We hope this clears up any issues and for a fast reply or to find out about our products or check they are correct it is better to email us support@whiteline.com.au than to post on the forum as we have the correct information at hand.
Why don't you become a site sponsor here ???
Then you can post prominently and everyone can view it easily.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:20 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
Whiteline wrote:
Why don't you become a site sponsor here ???
Then you can post prominently and everyone can view it easily.

Hi,

We have had to join 315 forums to answer answer questions about our products and will never need to advertise on forums it will only be responses to posts that we get in a Google alert system we hav in place to help our customers with after sales support.

We would rather they use or email address that says support on our website that way it is easier for us and the end user.If we sponser one then we would have to sponsor the other 315 plus at this rate we are joing up to 5 a week as the forums grow.

Most forums are just happy that there members are getting the answers they need and on most forums a dealer/re-seller of our are a sponsored trader selling our gear and we would rather it stay that way and us just follow up any issues from sales.

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Whiteline wrote:

We notice you have used a bush at the bottom so if you were to move the link to another hole positin it would put extrem load on one side of the bush and split very easy.

We now have vertical ball joints in a few link kits to eliviate this as even with your set up the bush must take up its movement befor the bar starts to react and do its job and this is where a ball joint is so much better as it makes the sway bar react so much quicker.

Also the ball joint can be placed on any angle to be moved in different adjustment holes see picture below.

Are those ball-joint fittings, rigidly mounted to the lower control arm?????
The roads around here are so stuffed, that they wouldn't last, I reckon.......need some sort insulation from the bumps and stuff........hence why I have made them the way I have.
The car handles quite well concidering it has 15" wheels, and not 17" or bigger.
Seen many a Falcon or Commo with 18" or bigger on the side of the road with a cracked/smashed rim.......like I said....the roads are crap around here.......any wonder people are buying 4WD's these days.
Thank you for your input, and info.....will keep it in mind for other projects.

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:31 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Hi,

We have tested these links in many ways and they out last any bushed style link and as they are solid and there is no bush to take up first they react as soon as the car is turned to let the sway bar do the job as soon as it can.

90% of new cars now run ball joint links solid mounted both ends as the Car Manufacurers are also aware that ball links are the best option.

The links in the picture are basically the same as the links used on all the new MAZDA 3 and FORD FOCUS platforms on the rear from factory and work great.

Sway bar links only take hard pressure when cornering and really do no work in a straight line so they have less pressure than a tie rod end of the same size joint and they get pressure in all directions while turning and up and down in amny ways while the car is driving and they have been used in cars for decades with success and how the thought of ball joint links came about.

When on a track these have hit huge pot holes and ripple strips and stood up to the test where on occasions bushes have split due to extreme pressure loads hitting fast from say a ripple strip.

Now as the controll arm or even strut has a bush between it and the body a solid mounted sway bar makes no affect to the ride comfort in any way and that is why they can be used on cars from the factory these days.

We hope this explains why ball joint style links are taking over most applications now and people will see how much better these are and will out last the bush style of the past.

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:46 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF 5 speed

ACT, Australia

Whiteline wrote:
Hi,

We have tested these links in many ways and they out last any bushed style link and as they are solid and there is no bush to take up first they react as soon as the car is turned to let the sway bar do the job as soon as it can.

90% of new cars now run ball joint links solid mounted both ends as the Car Manufacurers are also aware that ball links are the best option.

The links in the picture are basically the same as the links used on all the new MAZDA 3 and FORD FOCUS platforms on the rear from factory and work great.

Sway bar links only take hard pressure when cornering and really do no work in a straight line so they have less pressure than a tie rod end of the same size joint and they get pressure in all directions while turning and up and down in amny ways while the car is driving and they have been used in cars for decades with success and how the thought of ball joint links came about.

When on a track these have hit huge pot holes and ripple strips and stood up to the test where on occasions bushes have split due to extreme pressure loads hitting fast from say a ripple strip.

Now as the controll arm or even strut has a bush between it and the body a solid mounted sway bar makes no affect to the ride comfort in any way and that is why they can be used on cars from the factory these days.

We hope this explains why ball joint style links are taking over most applications now and people will see how much better these are and will out last the bush style of the past.

Hi Whiteline,

Thanks for the info. Are these ball joint links available for the non-adjustable swaybars such as the BFF35X as well? If so could you please provide the part number?

The ones in the picture look like they'd only fit the adjustable bars.

By the way I put my new swaybar in last weekend along with some Lovells superlow springs (FFL46 front and FRL42SL rear) and Koni red shocks. All went smoothly with the swaybar install, as was said here we only needed the supplied D bushes, the stock D brackets fit fine. Couldn't be happier with the setup's handling.

Cheers

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Whiteline wrote:
Hi,

OK.....sounds like a plan.....will see a mate of mine at the Pedders store and see what he can get to fit.......see how they go.
I have noticed that the balljoint style of sway bar links being used....Toyota Camrys, Holden Astra ( they are plastic....yuk ), Commodores, etc.

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:16 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

@ cjh Looking at your pictures the KLC107 is the link you would use.
@Tragilgas at this stage we do not have them for the adjustable bars as most people that wanted the extra performance of the links also wanted adjustable bars.The fact the link on an adjustable will not be on an angle the bush is not under pressure like on the adjustable so we started on them first.We may have other links that will fit non adjustable bars.

Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:16 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

I was looking today at the wreckers at various model Commodores - seems the front swaybar links used in the VN-Early VX models use bushes top and bottom - all I looked at were chopped out.

I'd guess because the McPherson strut needs to rotate a wide range for steering does this to them. Seems in the later VX this was revised with a ball joint connection at the swaybar, and again looks revised in the VY's onwards with a balljoint also at the strut mount.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next