Fordmods Logo

WHY NOT TO RUN HUB ADAPTORS.... this is proof! (pics) 

Page 8 of 9 [ 133 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:44 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Lets also have a thread called "don't shoot yourself in the face, it hurts"

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: F350

QLD, Australia

tearlejc wrote:
I know! lets call it wheels falling off your car may be dangerous, no matter what caused it??

Lets get a poll going, a new name for this f**k up thread.

Maybe one of the twin turbo crowd can start it

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

I think we've done the topic to death. Lets face it if the guy who I can't even remember anymore wants to keep using his adapters and his wheels (and by the sounds of it, he will) then I hope fervently that nothing else goes wrong. Dude, I sincerely mean this, I hope your wheels stay on your car and you stay safe. I am not saying anything further on the matter cos its just going round in circles and serving no purpose.

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:49 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Power: 120 rwkw

New Zealand

twr7cx wrote:
So why do the hubs not have to be certified with the wide range of rims avaliable for them in there original offset?

Because when your vehicle left the factory it was on factory wheels and complied with ADR/AS standards.

There are also ADR/AS standards for aftermarket wheels if you look on the ROH website there is a hole page on quality and it also lists the standard their wheels have to comply with and information about their QS9000 certification.

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: FG XR8, F6 F6 ute, XR5T, Capri

WA, Australia

tearlejc wrote:
I think we've done the topic to death. Lets face it if the guy who I can't even remember anymore wants to keep using his adapters and his wheels (and by the sounds of it, he will) then I hope fervently that nothing else goes wrong. Dude, I sincerely mean this, I hope your wheels stay on your car and you stay safe. I am not saying anything further on the matter cos its just going round in circles and serving no purpose.

actually im running the FTRs again... keeping the rims for the parents car.

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

You're putting the rims that fell off your car onto your parents car.... Good luck with that....

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: FG XR8, F6 F6 ute, XR5T, Capri

WA, Australia

tearlejc wrote:
You're putting the rims that fell off your car onto your parents car.... Good luck with that....

they have a BF phoon... the rims are correct for that car

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

tearlejc wrote:

So there's something wrong with the rim cos it came off the car now? Mate get your head out of your a***...

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Did I say anything bad about the wheels? My comment was `good luck with that' - he replied to say they were BA wheels, end of story.

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

The mightier than thou attitude s**t me...

Anyways, I hope your car is back to new asap Tocchi! :)

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: au xr8 & 5.0 eb

VIC, Australia

bottlejack15 wrote:
twr7cx wrote:
So why do the hubs not have to be certified with the wide range of rims avaliable for them in there original offset?

Because when your vehicle left the factory it was on factory wheels and complied with ADR/AS standards.

There are also ADR/AS standards for aftermarket wheels if you look on the ROH website there is a hole page on quality and it also lists the standard their wheels have to comply with and information about their QS9000 certification.
i will pull one of my wheels off over the weekend and take a photo of the sticker on my adaptor that says is9000 (im not sure if thats a standard) but my last comment on this is if i pull my factory au 2 xr rim off then bolt the adaptor on to it (i know it goes on the hub first) i will end up with a FACTORY ford rim with the correct offset for a e series!!!! or am i better of buying a COPY of my ford rim that suits a e series???? its a double bladed sword with no answer,but i did just get home from a 1850km round trip with the wife and my 2 babies,and all my rims are still on,so at the end of the day no matter if you have them or not just make sure your s**t bolted on correctly lol, i must admit i get alot of comments on how good the xr rims look on my wagon,and i only put them on because i had 3 buckled rims and picked them up cheap(lol i didnt know that adaptors cost $250 at that stage)so at the end of the day if your unsure about threads ect just pay someone to do it,its safer and CHEAPER

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Mightier than thou? Get a life, mate.

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF V8 Futura, 180sx

QLD, Australia

Wheel adaptors are strong from my experences i lost my car to a pole few months ago and the mag shattered before it even cracked or bend anything on the wheel adaptor. sold the adaptors to a make for next to nothing and there still going strong today

Attachments:
File comment: Mag inner lip shattered and wheel adaptor lives on!! go figure lol
!cid__Photo0087.jpg
!cid__Photo0087.jpg [ 67.68 KiB | Viewed 218 times ]

Ford EF Futura Black
18" koya Strykers, AU engine with port and polish EB head, crow valve springs, standard cam, Large aftermarket RX7 turbo, T5 manual 3" intercooler piping, 600x300x100 intercooler core, MSII with innovate wideband O2 sensor and guage. BA F6 bodykit

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:13 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

I have an EF sedan.
I bought some new wheels interstate and they came with adapters.

We (friend and me) put the wheels on. Everything appeared dead straight and solid- no moment- absolutely nothing loose- very tight.

I got new suspension/lowered as well so for the start of the next day after the wheels were put on I was thinking that the suspension was the reason for the weird noises.

By then the end of the day I went back round to my mates and took the new wheels off.

We could see faint evidence of rubbing on one nut for each adapter. Turns out the adapters were not wide enough and the factory bolts on the hub were sticking out by a bees d**k- a millimetre maybe.

After that the only people who are going to fit my wheels will be my local Tyrepower- very reliable, honest and cheap. Had no issues since.

Don't bug me unless you have chocolate or a cure for PMT

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ELXR8 SERIES 2

SA, Australia

this thread should be called "HOW TO FIT HUB ADAPTORS CORECTLY"
the only problems i can see in this thread are people not taking the time to make sure the adaptors fit corectly or they are using cheap crap products and we all no ya get what ya pay for in this world. is it realy that hard to make sure they fit properly? check products before you buy them, do the adaptors have factory ford studs?
do they come with ford nuts?
will there be any original stud sticking out from the adaptor when its fitted?
(my original el studs stick out a few mm from the adaptor but the wheels ive got have enough room on the back of the rim to allow for this,SOME DONT)
do the mag nuts bottom out before they take up properly?

now if every1 that has had problems with adaptors took the time to have a look at thoese few questions i bet ya will find the answer as to why your wheels fell off.

EL XR8 SERIES 2, 5SPD, HOT CHILLI RED, 200 ODD RWKW OF V8 FUN AND GAMES

EF XR6, 5SPD, HERITAGE GREEN, AU XR6 VCT ENGINE

VL COMMODORE, 5SPD, WHITE

BA XT, AUTO, OFFSHORE BLUE

Sort by  
 Page 8 of 9  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next