Fordmods Logo

will ba T5 box and clutch fit into my EF? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: will ba T5 box and clutch fit into my EF?
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

ok iv'e been offered acheap t5 box and clutch from a ba xr6t my bo xis on its last dasy is this a direct swap or is there any adaptor plates i need?

Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

NSW, Australia

The box its self will but you will have to change over the bell housing and clutch fork with your original (assuming manual here). If the box is not from a ute then you will have a problem with the speedo gear on the extrnsion housing not being there, again you may need to swap that out.

EDIT, you will need to retain the belhousing as BA have the front bearing integrated into it. The extension housing is longer as well meaning difficulty in the shifter position and tailshaft lengths.

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Last edited by twase on Sat May 10, 2008 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA 3v ute

VIC, Australia

The xr6t has a tremec tr3650 which is a lot bigger than a t5 from an ef. Bell housing will definitly have to be changed and i would say the part the shifter bolts onto will have to be shortend, i know this is the case in putting one into an au. The also have a hydrolic clutch so i dont know how easy that would be to swap over :?

But to be honest the tr3650 is a dog of a box. How much is cheap? I'm looking at selling my old box now.

Mark

PS... Just quickly measured it up, total lenth is 940mm and its 890mm to the center of the shifter

www.bseries.com.au/punktured

Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

ok cheers $500 for box and clutch. the box is from a BA which as soon as purchased had a 6 speed fitted

Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

punktured wrote:
The xr6t has a tremec tr3650 which is a lot bigger than a t5 from an ef. Bell housing will definitly have to be changed and i would say the part the shifter bolts onto will have to be shortend, i know this is the case in putting one into an au. The also have a hydrolic clutch so i dont know how easy that would be to swap over :?

But to be honest the tr3650 is a dog of a box. How much is cheap? I'm looking at selling my old box now.

Mark

PS... Just quickly measured it up, total lenth is 940mm and its 890mm to the center of the shifter

BA mk1 XR6T was fitted with a T5Z
the basics are the same or can be swaped from your old T5, change the bellhousing and the input bearing retainer, As on the BA unti the bellhousing is also the input retainer. you may also have to fit the speedo gear and tailcase from your T5.

the T5Z int he ba MK1 is also a close ratio version the specs can be found in the BA work shop manual

Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA 3v ute

VIC, Australia

I didn,t know they had a diff gearbox in the early ones. I just thought that the boss and 3Vs got a tr3650 that the xr6t would have got one too. Learn something new everyday :)

www.bseries.com.au/punktured

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]