Fordmods Logo

xh ute suspension help 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: xh ute suspension help
Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:33 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 69

Posts: 94

Joined: 9th Dec 2008

Location: gwabegar
NSW, Australia

i am wondering if the suspension in a el,ef,is interchangeable with the xh any help will be welcome
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 576

Joined: 15th Feb 2008

Ride: boonga ute

Location: adelaide
SA, Australia

front suspension is all the same, rears are not mainly because of the leaf springs

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: xh ute suspension help
Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:13 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 53

Posts: 5587

Joined: 14th Jan 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

Location: South Coast
NSW, Australia

hillendcar wrote:
i am wondering if the suspension in a el,ef,is interchangeable with the xh any help will be welcome
What's the issue, and what do you want to do.

 

_________________

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: xh ute suspension help
Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:33 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 69

Posts: 94

Joined: 9th Dec 2008

Location: gwabegar
NSW, Australia

hillendcar wrote:
i am wondering if the suspension in a el,ef,is interchangeable with the xh any help will be welcome


thanks stalker
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:53 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 53

Posts: 5587

Joined: 14th Jan 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

Location: South Coast
NSW, Australia

stalker wrote:
front suspension is all the same, rears are not mainly because of the leaf springs
There are a couple of differences with the front suspension.

 

_________________

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:10 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 69

Posts: 94

Joined: 9th Dec 2008

Location: gwabegar
NSW, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
stalker wrote:
front suspension is all the same, rears are not mainly because of the leaf springs
There are a couple of differences with the front suspension.


that is the question i asked,if there is a difference in the front suspencion,can you please tell me what it is,the reason i ask is,mine is shot and i have the offer to get an el that has been stripped and all the suspension is complete,i was wondering would it be a fit with my ute,many thanks for answering
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: xh ute suspension help
Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:21 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 53

Posts: 5587

Joined: 14th Jan 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

Location: South Coast
NSW, Australia

And that's why I ask for more detail - the differences may not be applicable, but it depends what you want to do.
XH's run a thicker wire gauge on the front coils - same number of coils and free length though. If you want a softer ride, try the EL coils, but put the lowest leaf to the top on your rears, to match the softer front.
Otherwise, use your XH springs with the EL stuff. All XH's run the EA-EF front swaybar D bush brackets - EL's are different, as they have a dimple, but the bracket and bush can be swapped over, provided the swaybars are the same diameter.

 

_________________

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: xh ute suspension help
Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:27 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 69

Posts: 94

Joined: 9th Dec 2008

Location: gwabegar
NSW, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
And that's why I ask for more detail - the differences may not be applicable, but it depends what you want to do.
XH's run a thicker wire gauge on the front coils - same number of coils and free length though. If you want a softer ride, try the EL coils, but put the lowest leaf to the top on your rears, to match the softer front.
Otherwise, use your XH springs with the EL stuff. All XH's run the EA-EF front swaybar D bush brackets - EL's are different, as they have a dimple, but the bracket and bush can be swapped over, provided the swaybars are the same diameter.


thanks snap0964 all my queryies have been answered,you have explained it all for me
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:47 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names