Fordmods Logo

xh ute suspension help 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: xh ute suspension help
Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:33 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

i am wondering if the suspension in a el,ef,is interchangeable with the xh any help will be welcome

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: boonga ute

SA, Australia

front suspension is all the same, rears are not mainly because of the leaf springs

Post subject: Re: xh ute suspension help
Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:13 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

hillendcar wrote:
i am wondering if the suspension in a el,ef,is interchangeable with the xh any help will be welcome
What's the issue, and what do you want to do.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:33 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

hillendcar wrote:

thanks stalker

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:53 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

stalker wrote:
front suspension is all the same, rears are not mainly because of the leaf springs
There are a couple of differences with the front suspension.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:10 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
stalker wrote:
There are a couple of differences with the front suspension.

that is the question i asked,if there is a difference in the front suspencion,can you please tell me what it is,the reason i ask is,mine is shot and i have the offer to get an el that has been stripped and all the suspension is complete,i was wondering would it be a fit with my ute,many thanks for answering

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:21 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

And that's why I ask for more detail - the differences may not be applicable, but it depends what you want to do.
XH's run a thicker wire gauge on the front coils - same number of coils and free length though. If you want a softer ride, try the EL coils, but put the lowest leaf to the top on your rears, to match the softer front.
Otherwise, use your XH springs with the EL stuff. All XH's run the EA-EF front swaybar D bush brackets - EL's are different, as they have a dimple, but the bracket and bush can be swapped over, provided the swaybars are the same diameter.

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:27 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
And that's why I ask for more detail - the differences may not be applicable, but it depends what you want to do.
XH's run a thicker wire gauge on the front coils - same number of coils and free length though. If you want a softer ride, try the EL coils, but put the lowest leaf to the top on your rears, to match the softer front.
Otherwise, use your XH springs with the EL stuff. All XH's run the EA-EF front swaybar D bush brackets - EL's are different, as they have a dimple, but the bracket and bush can be swapped over, provided the swaybars are the same diameter.

thanks snap0964 all my queryies have been answered,you have explained it all for me

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]