Fordmods Logo

xr6t gearbox problum 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: xr6t gearbox problum
Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:17 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: mitsubishi,lancer

QLD, Australia

hi guys im just looking for some help and advice with a few issues i believe im having with a t56 six speed in a 05 BA xr6 turbo with 70k on the clock that i recently purchased ,the problems are,
- a knock/clunk when you engage and disengage the clutch when shifting gears it becomes more apparent when you shift quicker, thought it was the diff but when we raised the car up noise was coming from gear box area.
-when driving along and car rpm falls below 2000rpm and then when you speed back up in the same gear there is what sounds like a bearing grumble and vibration through the shifter that dissipates after the rpm goes over 2000rpm
-finally when shifting from first to second it feels like the gear shifter is grinding not in the box but in the shifter its self and doesn't do it in any other gear
i have taken the car back to a ford service department where i purchased it from as the car is still under its statutory warranty they said they adjusted the shifter and said the above issues where a characteristic of this car and refused to go any further with the gearbox .
i took it to another mechanic who drove the car and after consulting another mechanic had told me there is an issue within the gearbox area and that there where no common faults or characteristic with that gearbox related to the issues im having.

any information would be great thanks

Post subject: Re: xr6t gearbox problum
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:22 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo, EF 5.0L V8 Turbo

VIC, Australia

T56's are a stong box but they can be a bit clunky to live with.
Mine and i think most of them will make the same grumble noise at low rpm or if your in too high of a gear.
as for the clunk, double check your diff/diff bushes and the rubber doughnut in the tailshaft for signs of wear and cracks :)

EF V8T 11.54 @118mph

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]