XY UTE MANUAL CONVERSION 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: XY UTE MANUAL CONVERSION
Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:14 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XY Ford Falcon Ute

New Zealand

Hi Guys, new fella here.
Im having a few issues with a manual conversion into my XY ute.
Well.... It started its life out as a 6 with 3 on the tree. Then some 5 years ago when I was an apprentice I swapped over all my bits from a XD wagon including a mild 302 windsor with C4 trans and the wagon diff just for cruising and fuel economy as I was pretty poor. All was good until I made a bad decision and backed the poor girl into a tree. It sat around until I decided to rip into a major build. Now im part way through the build shes got a pretty racey 347 with a early EB T5 behind it.
Im wondering if anyone has or knows of which gearbox mounts and driveshaft I could use. The XD driveshaft obviously has different yoke which i could swap to another driveshaft but it would still be too long to match the diff. Also the EB driveshaft would fit to the trans but needs to be around 7 inches shorter. Should I just get the driveshaft shortened?? I will hopefully eventually fit a stronger diff which could screw things up again.
As for the crossmember the main things just getting the right mount height etc for my driveshaft angles and engine angle.
Im over in Kiwi land (dont hold it against me) and we dont really have the resources over here to sort these issues out.
Sorry about the novel but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]