Fordmods Logo

Ignition barrel replaced 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Ignition barrel replaced
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:21 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 330

Joined: 8th Jul 2009

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA MKII XR6

Location: Waikato
New Zealand

If some genius had a fault with the ignition barrel in a BA and had it replaced, so that it now needs a separate key for the door lock and the ignition barrel, is there a way to get them both to match (like a specially made door lock) or will they both need replacing?

:shock:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignition barrel replaced
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:01 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Online
User avatar

Posts: 3398

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '03 BA Wagooon & EB Wagooons

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

just get a door lock changed to ignition lock key. any locksmith should be able to do it.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignition barrel replaced
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:02 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 330

Joined: 8th Jul 2009

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA MKII XR6

Location: Waikato
New Zealand

Mad2 wrote:
just get a door lock changed to ignition lock key. any locksmith should be able to do it.


That's the answer I was hoping for.... So they can change the door lock to match the key for the ignition?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignition barrel replaced
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:41 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Online
User avatar

Posts: 3398

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '03 BA Wagooon & EB Wagooons

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
just get a door lock changed to ignition lock key. any locksmith should be able to do it.


That's the answer I was hoping for.... So they can change the door lock to match the key for the ignition?



i think they can :?: best way is to ask an actual locksmith & findout :mrgreen:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignition barrel replaced
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:42 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 330

Joined: 8th Jul 2009

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA MKII XR6

Location: Waikato
New Zealand

Mad2 wrote:
5h4dy wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
just get a door lock changed to ignition lock key. any locksmith should be able to do it.


That's the answer I was hoping for.... So they can change the door lock to match the key for the ignition?



i think they can :?: best way is to ask an actual locksmith & findout :mrgreen:


Thanks, I hope so. Oh, and I would have asked an actual locksmith, but I don't know one who would answer their phone at 9.30pm
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignition barrel replaced
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:20 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Online
User avatar

Posts: 3398

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '03 BA Wagooon & EB Wagooons

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:
Thanks, I hope so. Oh, and I would have asked an actual locksmith, but I don't know one who would answer their phone at 9.30pm




:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

me either ............. :mrgreen:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignition barrel replaced
Posted: Sun May 17, 2020 7:18 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 330

Joined: 8th Jul 2009

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA MKII XR6

Location: Waikato
New Zealand

Ended up figuring it out myself. Took a door lock barrel from a donor car and pulled it to pieces. Taught myself what the coding / cuts on the keys meant and reconfigured the lock to match my key. Then I spent way too much time working out how the lock went back together since I cleverly didn't pay any attention before I ripped it apart.

End of the day though, I now have a lock that matches my ignition key, so next time I have the door card off, I'll swap that lock in there :mrgreen:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignition barrel replaced
Posted: Sun May 17, 2020 7:41 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Online
User avatar

Posts: 3398

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '03 BA Wagooon & EB Wagooons

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:27 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names