Fordmods Logo

03 BA XT build thread (pics) 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: 03 BA XT build thread (pics)
Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:40 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA XT

NSW, Australia

hello all just wanted to let you in on my plans that i have set for my ice mint falcon currently have not thrown in any major mods but i do have a golden plan inmind that i wish to undertake within the next year or so.

small dent in the boot, from previous owner said the oil dipstick was misplaced and he was using triptronic and something ike the oil light came on and than when he stoped on a slight incline switching between triptonic to drive it somehow stalled or something, all power failed and all the pressure in the breaks were lost as he claims his foot just went straight to the floor and he started to slowly roll back and hit a 4wd.
anyway got quoted $500 to get it fixed... cheaper to buy a new boot.

as i am on my p's i think the logical thing to do it all interior/exterior modifications before i hit the enginebay.
first of all im looking at getting some fvp wheels 19's ofc.

this will set me back about $1300 or so, but with them needs some aftermarket kingsprings.
id say ssl on rear and sl on front.
after thats done im set with the task or choosing between the SS growler cia or a typhoon CIA. i know there is little difference other than a large one in price but i do like the look of the ss one. and i will use one of them to enclose my pod filter. i had one straped right onto the stockhose before but drawing in the warm air i decided to take it off untill i get a box.

please give me your personal opion on which one to get.
after these basic mods im looking at doing some work on the inside, leather arm rest leather headbreak cover. aswell as hopefully finding some xr6/8 leather front seats. if i can spare the cash.

still tryng to work out what to do with the ICC uniit as i want to cut a big hole in it and hit a head deck to run a upgraded sound system through.

want to get rid of the xt front bar and fit a typhoon bar

with aftermarker XR LED lights
GT sideskirts with a bf typhoon rear bar .
exaust will freature a full system extractors, highflow cat, catback system with quad tips.
xr6t or xr8t LSD. trans cooler.

also going to replace all engone hoses with braded/stainless hoses. along with polishing and painting the engine bay.
there is lots more i will add but this is just a start.

Post subject: Re: 03 BA XT build thread (pics)
Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:58 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

thread moved to the garage

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]