2006 XT wagon 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: 2006 XT wagon
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:20 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 06 BF Winter White XT Wagon

New Zealand

I picked it up a couple of days ago for $2500. Its dedicated LPG isn't bad to run LPG is $1.20 a litre vs 1.77 for petrol. Used to be a cab, has 448,000 kms. I was expecting it to drive like a flogged out turd but no its nice and tight. If the sway bar bush didn't make noise at the front you'd think it has 50,000 kms. I love these cars, I had an AU Fairlane which was dual fuel and still going with over 500,000 kms so I know this baby has a good 100 thou plus left. Ford tough!

First things first is some maintenance and TLC. New handbrake cover, remotes, spark plugs, cooling system flush. I undid the screws on the LPG canister - no wax nothing, it occasionally does not like to start so hoping a full service will sort it out.

Future plans are general tidy up, replace drilled up interior bits with better ones, keep it running, put on some Territory alloys, I'm not gonna put on XR rims - they look great but everyone does that and same with XR fronts - its an XT wagon on gas not an XR I'm not trying to pass it off as something its not, although I may add some Fairmont/Ghia touches to it to make it a bit classier.

I am thinking one day about a BF mk2 front with the curvy lights reckon they look pretty good. Would like to add some Fairmont fog lamps.

First mod - scored some Territory alloys! $150. Question about the tyres - the owners book says 235/45/17. I found some 225's for cheap, possible to run them or are they too narrow?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]