$300 eb wagon 

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: $300 eb wagon
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF gli, EF Fairmont, ZH Fairlane

TAS, Australia

Im back with another falcon :roll: some would remember my ED XR6 build i sold the car a month and a half ago due to stuff all money as i lost my job at norske skog in august and not having much luck getting another and i had some debt that i wanted to clear within a week of selling it (traded it for a TX3 laser) centrelink inform me that my fortnightly payment was going up. Well i wasnt to happy but i putted around in the laser and cleared the money i owed now the story of why i bought another car :P . I was told the laser had a leaky exhaust and was a simple fix i never really thought much of it my XR6 had a few electric gremlins when it went one day my brother inlaw was around and had a listen as i had a feeling after driving it for over a week it had a burnt out valve wich he confirmed. I thought ahwell ill drive it untill feb and if its still going strong ill pay rego if not ill scrap it but everyone kept saying to piss it off while it was still going so mainly to shut everyone up and boredom i chucked it on gumtree for $800 or swap for some big wheels for my XF not expecting much to happen within the hour my phone was ringing.

TX3
and now i have these 14X8 and 14X10 dragways :twisted:
^ if theres interest in the XF ill chuck some more photos in here or start a new thread for it.

A couple of days ago i noticed a EF gli on gumtree for $300 they had lost the keys to it i mentioned it to a mate and he talked me into taking a look at it. So i rang the bloke he said it was in the rego period when i got there the rear tyres were bald, mags had spacers, it was out of the 3 month period and needed pitting and he had tried to hotwire it :x I also saw a eb wagon advertised for $350 and went and had a look mechanically it seems pretty good body is straight apart from the rear 1/4 where someone backed into it although the paint is rough. Back window is broken ill grab one from the wreckers and it needs the rego paying 1 week into the 3 month period wich ill pay next pay.

Plans if it proves to be a reliable car.
Repair rear 1/4 panel and probably give the whole car a quick respray in the same colour
lower it alot i nearly got a nose bleed from the altitude :lol:
fit my 18's from the xr6 now the XF has new wheels
cat back exhaust
tinted windows
DONE!!!!

Daily: 1994 EF Falcon GLI, few mods with many more planned.

Soon to be daily: 1995 EF Fairmont, mostly stock.

Restoration: 1997 ZH Fairlane 500, 351 auto.

Last edited by XD VAN 82 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: $300 eb wagon
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Obviously a sucker for an E series dude! I hope the wagon works out for you!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
Obviously a sucker for an E series dude! I hope the wagon works out for you!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

seems that way :P all honesty i grabbed it because it drove nice and was bloody cheap and will come in handy picking up parts and moving stuff around aswell as it has a tow bar.

im only going to rego it and take it on a couple of decent drives for now to see how it goes maybe cruise around in it for a few weeks and go from there.

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

The wagon is pretty much ready to go now ive given it a good wash and cleaned the interior and sprayed surface spray around the doors etc to get rid of the spiders and ants that were in it. A mate may have a battery i can lend for a week or so if he does ill pick it up on the weekend and do the timing then pay the rego on monday and take it for a few runs.

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Paint it white! :D

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

SLO247 wrote:
Paint it white! :D

HAHA nah cant be botherd doing a colour change just a quick closed door respray on this one although i love the look of clean white cars i recon my XF will end up white.

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:34 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Yeah, enjoyed the ED build.
Replacing fixed glass isn't too difficult, when you get into a method.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
Yeah, enjoyed the ED build.
Replacing fixed glass isn't too difficult, when you get into a method.

cheers mate, ill probably pay to get the replacement window put in be my luck id put it in and it will either leak or fall out going around a corner :lol:

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:58 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Nah Mate - you can do it yourself.
Get a couple of stainless cutlery knifes, put a 45deg bend in one, 90 deg bend in the other, sharpen up on a benchgrinder, you can use vicegrips to clamp on as an extra handle - water spraybottle, and you're on your way.
You can go to the wreckers and cut out your replacement glass - gets you practice and a feel for the method. If you stuff up no big deal.
In your case, you can have your replacement ready and the window channels prepped and ready for the window dude.
Sikaflex 225extra is a bit expensive per tube ($45 a tube at bunnings from memory), so probably not viable unless you're doing a few windows yourself.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
Nah Mate - you can do it yourself.
Get a couple of stainless cutlery knifes, put a 45deg bend in one, 90 deg bend in the other, sharpen up on a benchgrinder, you can use vicegrips to clamp on as an extra handle - water spraybottle, and you're on your way.
You can go to the wreckers and cut out your replacement glass - gets you practice and a feel for the method. If you stuff up no big deal.
In your case, you can have your replacement ready and the window channels prepped and ready for the window dude.
Sikaflex 225extra is a bit expensive per tube ($45 a tube at bunnings from memory), so probably not viable unless you're doing a few windows yourself.

may be something to look into, $45 a tube would be abit pointless as id use it once then it would sit up on the shelf and never get used again.

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 1990 XF Ute

VIC, Australia

nice looking wagon now a build thread for the xf is needed

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

fordnut1988 wrote:
nice looking wagon now a build thread for the xf is needed

cheers mate, i made one for the xf last night its down the page abit.

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:16 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

XD VAN 82 wrote:
may be something to look into, $45 a tube would be abit pointless as id use it once then it would sit up on the shelf and never get used again.
Yeah they are a shelf life item - you will actually use a whole tube on the big rear qtr windows.

Other thing you can do is note the shelf life on the items at bunnings - I scored 3 tubes for $10 each because I took them up to a storeperson and showed them. The rep hadn't showed up to swap out stock - bunnings don't do that themselves. Get them when they're just over. If you store them in the fridge, they will last another 3 mths or so and still be useable. Otherwise, the urethane is great for making gaskets - very hardy stuff.

Was worth it for me, because I'd replaced the 2 x big qtrs, tailgate glass, 2 x back doors, and installed a new windscreen. It's good to gain access to and check for corrosion in those window channels.

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
XD VAN 82 wrote:
Yeah they are a shelf life item - you will actually use a whole tube on the big rear qtr windows.

Other thing you can do is note the shelf life on the items at bunnings - I scored 3 tubes for $10 each because I took them up to a storeperson and showed them. The rep hadn't showed up to swap out stock - bunnings don't do that themselves. Get them when they're just over. If you store them in the fridge, they will last another 3 mths or so and still be useable. Otherwise, the urethane is great for making gaskets - very hardy stuff.

Was worth it for me, because I'd replaced the 2 x big qtrs, tailgate glass, 2 x back doors, and installed a new windscreen. It's good to gain access to and check for corrosion in those window channels.

i may have to pop in to bunnings next time im down that way and have a look

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

small update dad paid transfer and rego today think hes sick of me borrowing his or mums car :P ill be paying him back when i get paid on monday.

also thought id chuck up a cleaner engine bay photo luke (lukey_1990) gave it a clean on the weekend while i was mucking around fixing the throttle pedal on the xf came up ok really need to take it to a car wash and get the high pressure cleaner on to it.

Also luke is loaning me a battery for a week or 2 so i should have the wagon out over the weekend and see how it goes it seemed to go ok when i picked it up but only drove it for 5 mins and it was running on 5cyls and mostly down hill :lol: guy i bought it off said he changed the lead as it was dead one was hooked up to the spark plug but not the dizzy and he left the old one connected to the dizzy but not the spark plug :roll: also hes mucked around with the timing abit ill just do it by ear for now.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next