Fordmods Logo

4DZILR is back! 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: 4DZILR is back!
Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:59 am 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 96

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: Fairmont 95

Location: Da Bronx
NSW, Australia

Hey Guys,

Been about 7 years since I logged onto here. Seem to keep getting problems accessing the site from work or from home. Eitherway, those who have been around for ages would know of my old EF Fairmont. It was pretty much loud cruiser. Since then, had many fords....

Original 4DZILR - EF Fairmont
Image

Image

LINK: http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/4dzilr-for-sale-t34833.html?hilit=4dzilr

BF XR6 Turbo
Attachment:
nobonnet-1.jpg


BF XR8
Attachment:
IMG_5133.jpg


Most Recently, I have purchased another two fords. Theres my daily...

FG XR6
Attachment:
falcon_ww.jpg


And my pride and joy...

EL XR8 Manual, 3" Exhaust and Headers. Absolute Beauty!
Attachment:
qy4y3aru.jpg


Attachment:
qy6erure.jpg


Next on the list for her is a set of 20" Gold FR Simmons Staggered and some SSL's :)
Cant wait to drive her next! Do we have some regular Sydney siders cruising? Would love to get together and take some professional photos..

Cheers
Dean

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

 

_________________

= 4DZILR PERFORMANCE =

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 4DZILR is back!
Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 735

Joined: 19th Apr 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF GT, EL Xr, Xp mont, 4runner

Power: 137 rwkw

Location: Liverpool
NSW, Australia

looks good. Which simmons are you going with? the properly branded tempe tyres ones, or the mc racing brandless ones at half the price ?

 

_________________

84 4runner.......needs boost
El xr6.....needs dohc boost
Xp fairmont......needs boosted 8
Bf GT......cant afford boost no more

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 4DZILR is back!
Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 1322

Joined: 21st Dec 2004

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

4DZILR wrote:
Hey Guys,

Been about 7 years since I logged onto here. Seem to keep getting problems accessing the site from work or from home. Eitherway, those who have been around for ages would know of my old EF Fairmont. It was pretty much loud cruiser. Since then, had many fords....

Original 4DZILR - EF Fairmont
Image

Image

LINK: http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/4dzilr-for-sale-t34833.html?hilit=4dzilr

BF XR6 Turbo
Attachment:
nobonnet-1.jpg


BF XR8
Attachment:
IMG_5133.jpg


Most Recently, I have purchased another two fords. Theres my daily...

FG XR6
Attachment:
falcon_ww.jpg


And my pride and joy...

EL XR8 Manual, 3" Exhaust and Headers. Absolute Beauty!
Attachment:
qy4y3aru.jpg


Attachment:
qy6erure.jpg


Next on the list for her is a set of 20" Gold FR Simmons Staggered and some SSL's :)
Cant wait to drive her next! Do we have some regular Sydney siders cruising? Would love to get together and take some professional photos..

Cheers
Dean


LOVE the look of a Hot Chilli Red EL XR still riding on FTR's
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 4DZILR is back!
Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:48 am 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 96

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: Fairmont 95

Location: Da Bronx
NSW, Australia

XPFalcon170 wrote:
looks good. Which simmons are you going with? the properly branded tempe tyres ones, or the mc racing brandless ones at half the price ?


Hard to say. At the moment, the budget is for the mc racings.. Thinking FR Simmons 20 x 8.5f and 10r? I think thats what they quoted me ... $2500 with tyres. Not bad considering...

Downside is they wont be pre-au offset. So i will need adaptors. If i can convince the misses to spend the coin, then ill be going originals. I am expecting 5 to 6k?

 

_________________

= 4DZILR PERFORMANCE =

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 4DZILR is back!
Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:51 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 735

Joined: 19th Apr 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF GT, EL Xr, Xp mont, 4runner

Power: 137 rwkw

Location: Liverpool
NSW, Australia

yeh I think the mc racing had offset options of +35 to +45 only. Yeh I would say that 5-6k would be the ballpark figure with tyres for originals. A lot of money, but they do look the best

 

_________________

84 4runner.......needs boost
El xr6.....needs dohc boost
Xp fairmont......needs boosted 8
Bf GT......cant afford boost no more

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 4DZILR is back!
Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 4629

Joined: 23rd Nov 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

Location: Sydney West
NSW, Australia

MC racing have recently made pre AU offset available.

 

_________________

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 4DZILR is back!
Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 735

Joined: 19th Apr 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF GT, EL Xr, Xp mont, 4runner

Power: 137 rwkw

Location: Liverpool
NSW, Australia

good news then. Might look at some for the EL now aswell

 

_________________

84 4runner.......needs boost
El xr6.....needs dohc boost
Xp fairmont......needs boosted 8
Bf GT......cant afford boost no more

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 4DZILR is back!
Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 4629

Joined: 23rd Nov 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

Location: Sydney West
NSW, Australia

XPFalcon170 wrote:
good news then. Might look at some for the EL now aswell


Send a PM to The Judge on here who is Wes Racer on stalkbook.
Apparantly he is involved with them.

 

_________________

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 4DZILR is back!
Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:53 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 96

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: Fairmont 95

Location: Da Bronx
NSW, Australia

Interesting....

Will have a chat with them. If they have pre-au then its definitly mc racing..

I just took her around the block. Noticing she is very vague steering. Might need to look into a new steering rack.

Is it better to fix current one or replace?

 

_________________

= 4DZILR PERFORMANCE =

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 4DZILR is back!
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:42 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 96

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: Fairmont 95

Location: Da Bronx
NSW, Australia

Bit of an update on the xr.

Have lowered her in SSL Kings rear and SL fronts.

Fixed the saggy roof-lining

MC Racing 20's

More work to come! :)

Image

Image

 

_________________

= 4DZILR PERFORMANCE =

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:24 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names