6cyl manual tc cortina 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: 6cyl manual tc cortina
Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:21 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ef xr6

VIC, Australia

Hi, I have just bought a Tc cortina wagon as my next project
it is going to be a daily for me to drive with the family in.
It currently has a 200ci 6 and 3 spd manual in it.
I have a el xr6 diff that i have recently rebuilt in the shed which i was considering getting shortened to fit, and converting the front to 5 stud, so that i can use some of the sets of wheels i have. (been told to keep it to a +35 offset, au offset)
and was wanting to go newer running gear and interior(car currently has no seats)
I was thinking of going maybe ba-bf balcon wagon seats or if they are going to be too big, maybe some subaru wagon seats?
running gear wise i want to keep it manual, but convert to either 5spd or 6 spd, and a turbo 6.
I have done a bit of research and found that the au 6 is probably the best suited to an easy turbo conversion?
i want to run straight lpg so that i do not need an ecu, (cant use barra motor as the timing is run off the ecu?)
i also have an el 6 engine that i can probably get for nothing if i want it.
so far my plans are to use an au engine and do extensive headwork and buy a turbo manifold and maybe gt35/40, with a plenum intake without injectors, and a water to air intercooler.

Any helpfull hints on drivetrain combo?
i want to keep it to a budget, dont need to get massive power as the cortina only weighs 1200kg, so power to weight should be good, so aiming at somewhere between the 250 - 320rwkw
also with keeping manual, what would be the best gbox to use? (dont want to cut tunnel).

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]