Al's EL XR8 

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: Al's EL XR8
Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Ford EL XR8

NSW, Australia

Thanks,
My kit has been engineered, I had the bracket remade and had to get my own braided lines with cert for them. There is no paper saying these are from RBS howeve I'm sure if you had a photo an sent it to Matt at RBS he would happily agree that it's there's. Yes has factory offset.
It uses the ELGT rotor. I didn't have my car very long befor I did the brake upgrade so the pedal feels great for me.
Will send PM.

Cheers,
Al

EL XR8 II Manual, Ported GT40P's, E303 cam, Au220TB, 70mm MAF, HiFlo Cats, Tune (215rwkw) and some bigger brakes

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:24 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
How'd the pedal feel with the AU calipers? I've read that because of the dual pistons they E series cars go a bit spongy feeling in the pedal?
I did have a look at a couple of actual EL GT's at last years Sydney AFD, they both had physically same plastic brake boosters as the std EF/EL models - they won't be twin diaphragm, but maybe the booster settings are different?

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:33 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

I had my Moates F3 chip and Jaybird for replacing the QH. The F3 is he actual chip and the Jaybird is the device for burning to it via BE.

If there was a guarantee it wouldn't die on me the QH would stay forever, I had a little roughness at cold start so I popped back to my tuner, he plugs in my Registration dongle, plugged in the QH to his computer, made some changes, finished. Drive in drive out 5 mins, Awesome!

It's better now, prob could do wih a slight change but I'm going to give it a while before I go back to him to see what it's doing exactly when I start it up.

Sorry, no video as yet, the driveability is amazing. I can crawl around car parks, go round roundabouts with out it stalling, or break heavily and it just keeps on shaking away, so happy

EL XR8 II Manual, Ported GT40P's, E303 cam, Au220TB, 70mm MAF, HiFlo Cats, Tune (215rwkw) and some bigger brakes

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:35 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

So I've finally painted the callipers, they match my rear callipers at the moment, however there is a chance I might go for all green next time I change the pads.

I ended up going with QFM HPX pads. The Ferodo Formula I have now are really good but im over the dust and I would assume they are eating my rotors quicker than normal too.

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:09 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Finally got some time over last week to swap my brakes over.
ELGT upright sitting in place

Couple of test fits to just see if the C4 calliper would bolt up to a RBS modified upright, turns out it does not

My beer I didn't finish

New brakes on

I have driven about 20km with new pads and probably some oily residue on disks and so far they are noticeably different with stopping power, ( I had Ferodo Formula on old set) with my old set being the winner in stopping power. It also looks like the RBS kit contacted more of the disk compared to this setup aswell.

See how it's all going after 100kms.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3