Fordmods Logo

AU/BF Wagon ....... aka white/yellow/blue peril - now M7 BA 

Page 9 of 13 [ 182 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post subject: Re: AU/BF Wagon ....... aka white/yellow/blue peril - now M7 BA
Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:02 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

in our travels late last year .... we saw a good looking wagooon :P

got me excited :shock: :roll: :oops: noice choice of colour on car & wheels 8-)

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:03 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

93EB wrote:
I vote no to the smart bar.. :lol:

gotta catch up with a guy down here ...... selling a smartbar AND gotta follow up a lead on one up ballarat way :wink:

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:09 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:05 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

soo ..... i tried fitting the pcm/icc/etc from my parts car [BA]. no problems with it .... till i went for a drive :oops: :roll: no speedo so limp home mode :? sooo removed fitted parts [except for the column] & found the icc wiring plug on the right had broken it's clip :evil: . i ended up having to cut the plug off to get the icc out.

so went & found another plug, so cut it off & went home thinking you bewdy! . . . . one needed wire short :( . caught up with a local parts supplier i know & he let me have a plug from a car he was wrecking. it ended up having 3 extra wires :lol: . we also chatted about the limp home mode.

repaired the damage caused [all wires soldered & heat shrink fitted] & changed the icc cover with the one used in the swap as all buttons appeared to work [unlike the original]. i then refitted the original pcm/icc/bem [after having the chat i decided might be best to refit them], however it was no go as car was now unable to be started. so out with the computer/forscan with a pats/reset done. car now has two sets of working keys which is good as car only came with the one.

i also fitted a XR cluster

cluster does not seem to have the traction control light on the right as per original cluster?

also when i was checking the car with forscan it shows the parts car as a 2004 with the pcm also as a 2004. however the wagooon shows up as a 2003 with a pcm showing 2006 :?: :?: was this the cause of the limp home mode??

cheers

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:13 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

one of the mods i'm gunna try .. is mounting some small driving as just Aux reverse lights. mounted behind the lpg tank so only showing the ground & hopefully unseen otherwise.

bracket to mount lights with one shown, currently thinking of using two lights. bracket needs to be 'shaped' to suit [match tank] and mounted to the two rear tank cover mounts.

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:17 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

after fitting the XR cluster it has now grown on me :lol: so over my next short break i will try & change the icc to match. sorry it's so blurry.

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:59 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
after fitting the XR cluster it has now grown on me :lol: so over my next short break i will try & change the icc to match. sorry it's so blurry.

a steadier pic of the cluster ... which i believe you all know?

now i do need to change the icc & clock lights as .... not the same as cluster :roll:

icc

clock

not sure at the moment as to how i will change the clock led, but i do have the XR icc lights :D and hopefully they work [icc is out of a ex turbo XR].

parts box :lol:

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:13 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
Mad2 wrote:

a steadier pic of the cluster ... which i believe you all know?

now i do need to change the icc & clock lights as .... not the same as cluster :roll:

icc

clock

not sure at the moment as to how i will change the clock led, but i do have the XR icc lights :D and hopefully they work [icc is out of a ex turbo XR].

parts box :lol:

ok.

changed my cluster from this

to this

changed my ICC from this

to this

and yes my clock will change to :lol: from

to hopefully this [what 5h4dy did after we chatted :lol: :roll: ]

hope your ALL enjoying this quiet time as best as can be. take care Australia :D

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:36 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

have fitted a XR cluster & changed my icc to XR [lights only] & have bought a spare XR icc for the fan speed decal :roll:

the fan speed decal has been changed .... incase ya wondering :mrgreen:

hopefully at some time or another...................

will fit two of these lights as reverse lights on that bar when it's bent to suit.

mounted on the lpg tank cover.

these are also waiting to be fitted &

there is a small bracket to mount them lights as well

noice trims too as Fairmont Ghia

i need to workout why my elec window switches don't light up [it's a futura so it shouldn't] as when i checked out one switch it had the extra wire . . . . . .... :roll:

at some stage or another i will need to send away my XR cluster to have it modded to suit the wagooon, fog lights & traction control as it is from a sedan & has none of the necessary lights for em.

Cheers

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:39 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
so it got me thinking about what are the differances between the XR cluster & the base model clusters i have here. not that much from just a 'casual' looksy

Base Model - left & right led's.

XR Model - left & right led's

the base model decal [what ever it's called :? ]

XR model

so other than the diff lock [for the RTV i presume] there is no real differance with what lights up thru the decal.

i believe i will need some pointers re getting the led's to light up as i'm unsure on the wiring required. pics below are the cluster connectors with hopefully enough detail so you knowledgeable ones can give me some pointers :notworthy

left plug

right plug

i believe the Traction control switch works as it was already there when car was purchased with wiring loom. fog light switch is non working currently. and i do have some ebay 'specials' car manuals :lol: :roll:

so i have refitted the original cluster i got when i bought the wagooon

XR cluster has been delivered [for adjustment] and some more parts sourced :roll:

next week more parts & cluster returned :mrgreen:

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:46 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
ok. found out one thing this morning.........

Traction Control works ..... on the original cluster :roll: now to learn how to turn the XR cluster "on" :lol:

can anyone give me a hint re TC switch not lighting up nor appearing to turn TC off¿

it does come on at various times. not sure what the switch is for tho coz it don't seem to do anything?

noice day sunday arvo .......... so got busy

pics are from this arvo.....

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:02 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
noice day sunday arvo .......... so got busy

pics are from this arvo.....

bought some aftermarket weathershields ages ago & finally fitted em. factory ones would have fitted 'slightly' betterer .. but not much. not even sure what car they were actually made for, but for the $ they fit reasonably well and they sure do make a differance inside the car 8-)

when i get around tuit ... this will be the trims used

from a

again .... what i bought awhile back :mrgreen:

not sure on what i will go with re seating .. but it won't be with what everyone calls "leather" got over that back in the '00's & a hot summer :shock: [plus it always reminds me of the old vinyl ]

thinking something along the lines of dark cloth/fabric [have seen some interesting fabrics in the territories] with headrests on rear seats. currently not sure on which style of headrest ..... either similar to front rests or territory rears. might even change the spear colouring.... :roll:

also ..... is there any differance between the AU M7 & the BA M7??

Cheers

Posted: Mon May 04, 2020 11:34 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

so XR cluster has been modded & refitted... but will be pulled out again & fitted with the front pieces from a BF XR cluster.

compared to the BA XR cluster

have also bought some more pieces

and grabbed some wiring pieces so i can set up the window switch lights as per the fairmonts etc etc. this one having the diode i needed... :D

as seen in previous pic i also grabbed 'another' dash :roll: in case i stuff up the 1st one i try to mod and the backup :wink: . have also grabbed some BA/BF ute/wagooon handbrake cable brackets so i can modify the diff out of 'ol yella for use in the 'new' wagooon :mrgreen:

previously i had grabbed another combined traction control/fog light switch & cluster plug with the extra wire needed for the fog light to light up in cluster [traction already does]

as was explained to me - i need the wire/pin fourth from the left.

so i'm slowly getting there :mrgreen:

did find a M7 AU............ front panels would suit the smartbar i have here 8-)

Posted: Tue May 05, 2020 2:53 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

so pulled clusters apart.....

swapped

fitted

there's now a slight imperfection coz i spilled a small amout of glue on the silver :shock: :evil: :oops:

Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 10:23 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
you would be refering to the two wires to the right of the blue/red stripe in the below pic correct?. and the fog light wire is then the next along?

shall have to find a plug & strip some connector pins ...... more tools :shock: :roll: :lol:

Gothefalcon wrote:
Yep

D

so have the tools to help me now . . . . . or stab me :lol: :roll:

that was fun NOT! .... sacrificed two plugs otherwise i would not have a clue re how to pull apart. dunno where gothefalcon got the patience from to depin ALL them wires :shock:

so i have the two pieces needed for my mod. now to workout where the wire went to & apply it to my loom [now wish i had not cut the looms up so much :? ]

so THANK YOU gothefalcon for the guidance re wiring for the fog lights & another THANK YOU to Magna for help with the diode 8-) [both from ford forums]

aand current view of the dash/icc/cluster with the new add on fitted & blends in well 8-) :lol: to fit the bluetooth i had to pull out the icc/cluster "again" so i could remove the wiring i had fitted previously..... then fit the 'new' wiring loom :roll: which was not fun ... but easier as it only needed to be fitted under the dash.

now just need to fix the shifter globe & use Linz's idea re shifter light :mrgreen: [from ford forums as well]

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpost.php?p=6436844&postcount=546

also waiting for the blue led's so i can try my hand at the clock & mod it like 5h4dy. 8-) :lol: :roll: :mrgreen:

Ps. phone bluetooth is from an escape & works well :mrgreen:

Sort by  
 Page 9 of 13  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next