AUII VCT XR6 Ute 

Page 2 of 4 [ 54 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: AUII VCT XR6 Ute
Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

oh I dunno, i've been planning to get them for fekin ages now, it's only today I had a little time to take a business trip to oak flats with a short :? diversion to narellan for some service parts for the work vehicle :wink:
bet mine accumulate some dust. main thing is they look good though. hehe

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

lol nothing some degreaser won't fix. someone must've already cleaned these ones, they look suspiciously clean :shock:

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

no no i don't degrease much at all anymore, if it's leaking oil it means it's got some in it :D It's when it stops leaking i worry, it's a work ute :twisted:

my bf's never leaked a drop of oil other than the power steering o-ring trick which i blame on the au.

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yes perhaps i have to put mont after it from now on, bfmont hopefully doesn't sound like my gay boyfriend mont or i'm plum out of ideas lol once again i blame ford.

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

lol everytime i see that in a forum it looks worse...

damn you fraud.

On the upside i did get the brakes in after a hairy ride down kangaroo valley this morning i decided the stock ones have to go. straight swap with the ba units, outriggers 'n all in one rainy schitt afternoon. got the standard discs I took off my....um.... '06 mont machined and a set of bendix heavy duties and i'm more than impressed with the outcome on the au. pedal effort actually has decreased and braking effectiveness feels alot firmer. yet to have a good stomp but i'm impressed already. will have pics up soon. not that theres much to look at.

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yer it would have to be up there with one of the easiest, cheapest, best bang for buck mods i've done on any of my cars so far.

what do you mean m/c ?

Last edited by low_ryda on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yes standard xr (if any different) master cylinder. maybe looking into 1 tonne setup or just install terry rear vented brakes, perhaps cheaper easeier more effective.

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yer i've got that under control 8-) not much will probably happen for a while now though, have to focus finances elsewhere. I'm happy with the ute as a daily workhorse for now though, T5 and brakes transformed the whole unit.
The standard au vct with exhaust and intake still goes well enough to hose off dirty old 5 litre commies on call :twisted: wouldn't be able to do that if I bought a hilux... lol

still trying to figure out the difference between bendix ultra premiums at supercheap for $72 and bendix premiums from autopro for $199. The Bendix heavy duty pads for $100 are great pads i'm happy with them but the ultra premiums from supercheap were good value, wondering if it was a pricing error i shouldve stocked up?

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yer i've always said, supercheap is always great for when you know exactly what you need and if they have it in stock. my trade card helps also :) thats about the only reason I shop there. i have to do some more research but seem to be stricken with cbf syndrome.

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

got my loadboard onto the uterus a short while ago thought I would show it off..
Attachment:
loadboard.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yer nc waterjet from a .dwg

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Not much changed in this thread or the build for a while, been through a few exhausts & my extractors failed. Snapped off at the collector. +1 for flex joints (still don't have one lol). Need to put up pics, it was pretty impressive.Since the extractors were second hand on my ea and they done me for a while on the the au I can't say I didn't expect it. Ended up with a flange at the diff and added an extra tailpipe with res because it's a daily. Dumped at the diff is cool but it's pain killer in the glovebox material on long drives.

After changing the uni's in the tailshaft and not marking the yolks I have a wobbly tailshaft that feels like it will detonate through the floor at anything over 120km/h and heavy acceleration loads but the backlash is all but gone :P Speed limit is 110 anyway :oops:
Will have that fixed and re-balanced soon. The 2nd hand tailshaft from the manual conversion was suspect from the start. Stupid AU using different lengths.

edit: with new wheels the vibration is gone. vibration attributed to the already terribly out of shape wheels throwing a weight I suspect. Perhaps about the time I was 'testing' the 5 speed conversion, possibly with some brake applied. Would explain the time frame. Wouldn't mind getting the shaft balanced anyway.

Anyhoo the boost bug has bitten and expecting to do a ghetto spec turbo build. <Blames Dan with his boosted commercial goodness>

I'm in the process of making a manifold for my brothers hilux then if I ever find time I'll weld mine up. Have everything fabricated just needs welding.

Expectations:
Streetable 200ish rwkw running disposable bottom ends to start with, only aiming for stock xr6t performance.

Initial Plan:
Steam pipe log (using actual seamless steampipe welded accordingly unlike some other ghetto manifolds) After careful consideration there is probably almost just as much work in my log than in a tuned length, but at the end of the day it kind of suits my needs better and is already developed, the runner style is pointless unless the science is behind it and science equals research equals time equals money :| Not to mention the standard cast log off the ba has seen 400 odd kw and thats almost twice what i'm after.
Plan is to kind of replicate a standard ba log with low turbo mounting but with an efficient external gate.
40NB log with maybe a ghetto twin pulse arrangement & 40mm external gate with a screamer to start with (see below)

Ute is vct at the moment but probably going to use non vct motors unless one comes up for the right price. Use the vct oil feed for turbo & open up cam choices if needed (not planned)

GT3582 journal bearing. If I turn that inside out I'll look at a ball bearing. There will be an intercooler to catch the big bits. next bit:

W/A intercooler because I couldn't be assed with too much pipework and trying to fit/poke through the front & already have most the hardware.

Plan on using my 2.5' staino exhaust from dump with a screamer off the gate purging well away from the bay, even if it has to go behind the cab. Later on I will fab a 3' exhaust with the gate plumbed back.

J3 & rising rate reg to start with, ghetto spec ftw lol already have j3 though plan on running switchable tunes. so when the bottom end calls lunch time it's hopefully a weekend away from reliable NA goodness with the original vct motor.

Going to use the original bbm with butterflies removed, was going to fab a plenum but without proper runners etc I may aswell use the standard manifold. The bbm off my ea is semi ported & the central feed will hopefully line up with a suitable w/a cooler inbetween the compressor outlet and the throttle body leaving next to no pressure drop.

Going to get everything running on up to 8pound. When everythings proven and nothings lunched then up to 10-14 to sort out the bugs untill I get a better bottom end or do a Dan and sell it and buy something else :P

Will post too many pics up as soon as I get more time.

NB: I hate reading 'will do' turbo etc posts myself so I'll confess this will be a bit of a frankieh spec build in relation to timeframe hehe. I'm shooting for the end of the year but will at least have some progress pics up soon.

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Put some cheaper 'dynamat' equivilant in the ute a short while ago. Well to be honest probably got a little carried away lol. Does a good job stopping road noise & general vibrations/noise. Also makes the stereo more effective. Just means you keep chasing the noises! Have done parts of the bare floor, the back wall, the inside of the rear/middle side panels & a few other places. Yet to do doors and roof, hood lining needs replacing soon so that seems like a good excuse.
Attachment:
php0s04ItAM.jpg

Attachment:
phpiifD56AM.jpg

Those of you who ponder like I did about what's in the wasted space behind the seats in a ute ?
ta-da.... as expected, wasted space.
Attachment:
phpbzSjFqAM.jpg

Attachment:
php3ciYIxAM.jpg

And another pic of the uterus with a massive load on.... Latest pics I have with the Azzuro's on.
Attachment:
phpyp7g6VAM.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Extractors fail...
Attachment:
phpkgNjvpAM.jpg

Attachment:
phpBThb9PAM.jpg

Previous Owner/Azzuro fail... Some people don't deserve cars.
Attachment:
phpPKqoxIAM.jpg

Attachment:
phpDLuwx3AM.jpg

Attachment:
phpFIA4F0AM.jpg

Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:12 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AUII XR8 Pursuit & EF XR6

NSW, Australia

Damn epic fail there. Whats the go with the wheel shown??

- 1994 EF XR6, Auto, EL XR wheels. Clean and close to original ( Missus' Kiddie Chariot )
- 2001 AUII XR8 Pursuit ute, 5 speed, 18" alloys, custom tray. Goes alright!! lol

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next