AUII VCT XR6 Ute 

Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: AUII VCT XR6 Ute
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

Thought I might start a garage thread for my uterus for those who may appreciate it....

Started as a pretty cheap buy for a work vehicle because it came up at the right time, and as much as i said i wouldn't buy another one or do another one up... here we go again... lol

I started by giving it a well deserved clean-up inside and out, cleaning the leather back up which i was surprised was still in awsome condition, apart from the passenger side bottom middle insert which needs replacing. A full zorst using extractors, standard cat modified with 3 bolt flange to suit & stainless fabricated pipe using mandrel formed sections,one hotdog, one big silencing can then dumped at the diff.A half stainless 3" induction pipe allows a K&N pod in the stadard airbox with typhoon snorkel & seperate PCV/valve cover breather, then the custom steel tray got fabricated and decked with merbau timber. Toolboxes went on. I also installed a PVC water tank setup & undertray storage.yet to make a draw up for under there though. A fair effort went into replacing every whining pulley (read: every) & replacing flogged out parts like wheel bearings, which might i mention after doing e series ones are an expensive p.i.t.a to do on later model ones.
Inside theres also 4 after market 5x7's with factory tweeters running off factory non functional 6 disc in dash cd lol but the radio works fine. After tinting my windows my aftermarket internal arial didn't cut the mustard so i got one of those repair kits for the factory electric job and fixed that, pretty impressed with the result... untill i snap it off lol
I just polished it yesterday so i figure it will probably never look this good again so i shall post it up now lol.
Attachment:
062.jpg
Attachment:
060.jpg
Attachment:
057.jpg
Attachment:
056.jpg
Attachment:
050.jpg

Not too distant future mods include finishing off my loadboard, the undertray drawer, BA front brakes & a T5 conversion.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Post subject: Re: AUII VCT XR6 Ute
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Thanks Ash i knew you would appreciate it 8-)

Straight clear decking oil on the merbau i like it's natural colour. i was only going to use pine and stain it but ended up talking myself into the merbau lol

Those wheels came off a persuit ute but as i understand they're TS50 rims ? must've become an optional extra.

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

hehe i wish i did but i'm too paranoid of the fun police these days... moving it around was fun enough apart from the grass on the roof :lol:
that tray of yours would be nice and light!

the merbau with clear decking oil worked out the same price as the pine with stain iirc. wasn't too dear at all.

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Nice :D

The wheels are ROH Azzuros.

Send them over, I'll PM you my adress. :P

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU falcon

VIC, Australia

the wheels were fitted to AU's with brembos....aka TS models and they are in 18in.

im a big fan of 5 spoke wheels but these ones look sweet on AU's

Au factory 5sp, rolling on 20'z, full custom extractors, redback cat and back. has a new motors, only 27,000ks

Welcome to Toongabbie motorsports :P

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yer i've never really been a fan of multi spoke rims on big cars but they do look good. i got told i need a camber kit but it doesn't seem like it's been lowered so i can't see how thats possible, more likely an incompetent operator.
That also explains why they came off the persuit ute.

yes ash by fun police i don't mean the real police i get along fine with them :) it's more then whinging variety of kill joys that hear a loud car and think that it's automatically doing 250km/h and risking every childs life within a 30km radius even when your in a 100km/h zone doing 100 going passed some incompetent individual doing 80.

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

DormanAU wrote:
the wheels were fitted to AU's with brembos....aka TS models and they are in 18in.

im a big fan of 5 spoke wheels but these ones look sweet on AU's

Nope, they were used on TE50 (T2/3) P250 and XR6 ST

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

heres a dodgey pic of exhaust & water tank setup.
Attachment:
011.jpg

Attachment:
012.jpg

and no it's not rust it's decking oil :P

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by low_ryda on Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

well today i bought a tremec 5 speed, pedal box and all the trimmings i can think of for the uterus. I was planning on keeping the auto for a while to use as a test mule for my standalone cooler but i just can't put up with the auto any longer.

not much point posting pics of standard parts but if requested it can be done.

my main problem is that the ecu i've got is a auII non-vct manual unit and my utes an xr vct. i also found out that ford decided that they didn't need a plug between the gearbox and engine loom so that makes things a bit harder also. I plan on doing the neutral switch trick as i did with the ea but i'm not sure how this goes with eecV & vct.

if anyone has any experiences on the subject please feel free to share :D

also the tail shaft i got is from a manual ute but it has a giant billet of steel around the gearbox end splined shaft. the box has an output shaft in it also but doesn't have the billet, neither does my auto :? does anyone know much about this or shall i post pics ?

i'm planning on strengthening the pedal box up tomorrow while it's out so hopefully once it goes in, there it shall stay. will post a few pics of that tomorrow.

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

first heres a pic of the steel billet on the tailshaft...
Attachment:
phpUIGbghPM.jpg

then the pedal box.... i didn't spend too much time on it because i think while this one is in there i'll use the auto one to fold up my own from 3mm... it's weak as whatever you do to it. painted it in matt black my fav 8-) hehe
Attachment:
php6vIa0tPM.jpg

Attachment:
phpXJOGVAPM.jpg

it's in the car now, i was pretty impressed at the fact i didn't have to move the dash.

now just have some heavy lifting and swearing to deal with... and some minor electrical alterations hopefully.

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

well the 5 speeds in. i never credited those btr 4 speeds to be such a heavy piece of schitt,won't be doing that alone again. still, never spilled a drop of oil, record for me :P

have some more finishing up to do but i turned the ignition on tonight and the fans aren't coming on straight away so this may be a good sign. will get a J3 soon. AUII non-vct manual ecu up for sale with a heap of E series stuff soon...

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

5 speed goodness is back once again :D

for the record, thats another successful au auto to manual conversion utilising auto ecu. and a vct adaptive shift model, with cruise. will still get a J3 eventually.

The biggest difference from my e series conversion (which was factory manual cpi converted to auto mpfi with t5) was that the ute has cruise and no clutch switch & no neutral switch on the tremec t5.
I found that easy to fix with the addition of the 'auto link' in the footwell wiring harness to add the clutch switch (which only effects cruise, not starting). The neutral switch harness plug only needs bridging to start. The reverse lights hooked up like normal. The other gear selection plug i wired in a resistor so the dash now reads "N" Then the temp resistor. In heign sight i couldve made an extra harness to retain the auto one but it's still fixable.

The removal of the pedal box without the dash.... is nothing but heavenly.

Well worth the effort. The only thing i have to really whinge about was the headless bolt they use to fasten the ecu into the footwell. i ended up drilling it out then tapping both available holes to M6 then used standard hex head bolts to re-install. alot of phukin around but least i don't have to do it again next time i want to quickly check a pin out.

Not much point of another docco...

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:33 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

VIC, Australia

The steel around the Front of the Prop shaft is for harmonics and vibration, Its a dampener.
Most wagons/Utes and nearly All manuals have this.

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

thanks krytox. makes me feel better about putting it in.

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

picked up my b series front brakes for the uterus today, will post pics of install when I get time to do it... I think papa smurf gave me the idea with his Lucifa thread.. :D

was talking to a wrecker today, said that utes actually use the same calipers as sedans but use the left side calliper on the right whel and vice versa ? creating a slight hose drama but nothing impossible.
Thinking of terry rear vented discs on the back.... I don't like standard AU ute stopping power.

<edit - was referring to the calipers being reversed on the rear of the utes for the terry conversion>

Last edited by low_ryda on Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 4  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next