BA XLS with new new interior! :D 

Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: BA XLS with new new interior! :D
Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:33 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA XLS Ute

VIC, Australia

Hey guys,

Well this started as thread about whether or not FG trim would fit in a BA, well I never found out! But hey I put a pretty nice BA XR leather interior in instead.

So then Ash (thanks Ash!) move it to garage for me as it had kind of gone off topic.

So I guess I should tell you guys a little about the car (Ute, yes I know I still say car :? ). When I say a 'little' it's because there isn't much to tell, yet...

BA XLS 2002 (First registered in 2003)

Engine is stock I6 with after market injected vapor gas (which I put on it) and it’s a 5 speed manual.
When I bought it, it was stock as a rock. I bought off a guy I went to primary school with…
He had bought it as a work ute and then decided to was to nice for work and parked it. He got an XF ute instead.

So here I was looking at AU II XR’s and ended up buying this for about 5k under market value. So I kept it stock and drove it for work, used to be a chippy, then I f**k my back at work and found this site during my recovery. I was going to sell the ute and buy a sedan but after seeing what some people have done on this site I decided to keep it and mod it!

So everything done so far is mainly cosmetic stuff but I’m slowly learning from a few good guys on here more about some of the do’s and do not’s.

So at this stage I have lowered it, superlows front and back, wish I had gone ultras in the back, but hey it scraps on everything as it is… BA XR 18” rims with toyo teo plus (damn it was hard to find a genuine set of rims that weren’t fingered, I have 3 sets now! :D ) Full leather interior (seats, trims, console lid and MOMO wheel) which is sooo much nicer than stock trim. It’s got the blue XR cluster (which will be going one day to matt to get the fascia changed if he still has some, so it doesn’t say XR) and the base model blue ICC. Got the cluster for free off a guy with 0 kms on it and the ICC I got for 50 bucks on ebay…. Nice. :D Oh and it's got an analog clock from a fairmont, wanky i know but i like it! :D

I had made a CAI, but had to take it off as it was f**k with the gas… ? Well that’s what I’m guessing the problem was, as it runs nice without it (well sort of).. s**t with it. And I didn’t have time to take it back to the gas place to get them to tune it.
Plus it’s never run right since they put the gas on it… So I couldn’t be fingered going back to them.. I think it’s because it’s a manual ute and they only had a program for a auto sedan when they installed the system. Was one of the first BA’s they ever did….

Anyway, i'll try and find some pic's from when i first got it and add some more info soon... As you can see i get easily side tracked and i'm at work! lol So should go do something.

Cheers Paul.

Anyone know if FG door trims will fit onto ba doors? Well more so, are they the same basic shape?

Cheers Paul.

Last edited by BAXLS03 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:16 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: FG door trims into BA
Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Futura

TAS, Australia

The rear doors are completely different, the FG's doors don't run around the wheel arch, they have more of a flat line. Where the BA's doors are like a semi-circle.

If you have a look at any FG rear doors you'll see what I mean, it's hard to explain in a way :lol:

The front doors are likely to be different too.

DCII LTD V8 - leather - low k's
1978 XC '1/2' 500 project 302C
BA Futura wagon
P38 Range Rover HSE

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:46 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

I'd be putting them into a ute so rears dont really worry me. But thank anyway scotty. I've only seen pictures of the trims, they look like the same basic shape but i guess it wouldn't take much of a difference to make them the wrong shape.

Cheers Paul.

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 1993 Ford Fairlane

VIC, Australia

could always see if any wreckers have one and see if you can just try the trims to your doors. would only need to hold them up to see if theyre the right shape
other issue could be where all the screws are to mount it to the door

1993 NCII Fairlane
Mods to come:
V8 - SLs - exhaust - DC LTD leather - LTD grill and garnish - LTD wood grain - body colour trim - wheels - tinted windows

1991 NCI Fairlane
Mods to come:
4.0L - lows - exhaust - NCII seats - NCII door trims - LTD grill - body colour trim - wheels - window tint

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: TS40

VIC, Australia

cant help with the FG part but i fitted BA door trims to my AU a few years ago and my only problem was the BA door trims are fatter where they join the dash so i couldnt close the doors, so id also check if their going to lineup/fit with the BA dash aswell as physically fitting on the door.

Cheers Cam

Was - 2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

Now - 2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock... and a Fuel Card :)

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

fg doors are bigger iirc. they allow for better egress compared to the ba/bf

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:32 am 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

dylby1 wrote:
could always see if any wreckers have one and see if you can just try the trims to your doors. would only need to hold them up to see if theyre the right shape
other issue could be where all the screws are to mount it to the door

Yeah i guess that would be the easiest way, would require a trip to melbs though.

fourL6 wrote:
cant help with the FG part but i fitted BA door trims to my AU a few years ago and my only problem was the BA door trims are fatter where they join the dash so i couldnt close the doors, so id also check if their going to lineup/fit with the BA dash aswell as physically fitting on the door.

Cheers Cam

Yeah hadn't really thought that far. Cheers.
phatba wrote:
fg doors are bigger iirc. they allow for better egress compared to the ba/bf

Well i guess that sort of ends that idea.. There is a set of seats and door trims out of an XR ute on ebay. Seats look pretty much the same but the trims look heaps nicer, door handle is in a total different spot but i thought they they were same shape i could work something out.

Cheers guys.

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:49 am 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

Cant guarantee that the pic's are actually the same size so could be heaps different..
But i think they are a fair bit different.. :( dang!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:57 am 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

jaysway wrote:
fg seats same as ba/bf?

The guy selling them says they are, not that it means much. They appear to be a lot slimmer looking seats but he says the bases are the same as BA/BF. But i'm not really sure to be honest.

Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:30 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Dunno why you'd want them.

Awful s**t non padded door trims. Not comfortable to lean on or rest your arm on.

And I believe the seats are basically the same. But Ford cheaped out on the size and strength of the padding. Just sitting in them you can feel they are not as nice to sit in.

Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:14 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

arm79 wrote:
Dunno why you'd want them.
Cos they are cheep! lol Mainly because i wanted to replace my xls seats (same as XR without the logo) because after a couple yrs using it as a work ute (carpenter) i f**k the drivers seat. Now that i'm not in the trade anymore i want it to look nice. I must admit i've never sat in one.

arm79 wrote:
Awful s**t non padded door trims. Not comfortable to lean on or rest your arm on..
Really? Thats sucks... Once again i've only seen pic's.. They look nice.

arm79 wrote:
And I believe the seats are basically the same. But Ford cheaped out on the size and strength of the padding. Just sitting in them you can feel they are not as nice to sit in.

Make sense as they do look very slim. Well guess its pursuit seats and trims. Just have to stop being a tight a***!

Cheers Paul.

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:17 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Sorry, I meant the door trims, not the seats.

But yeah, they have no padding like the B-series at all. Just fabric or vinyl straight over hard plastic trim. To me they aren't very comfortable, but its each to their own.

After driving 8 FG's this year (XT, XR6 G6E and an F6E), I find the seats a backwards step comfort wise compared to my BF, mainly because the base padding is slimmer and softer. Which is a shame.

Seat back's feel the same though.

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:09 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

arm79 wrote:
Sorry, I meant the door trims, not the seats.

But yeah, they have no padding like the B-series at all. Just fabric or vinyl straight over hard plastic trim. To me they aren't very comfortable, but its each to their own.

After driving 8 FG's this year (XT, XR6 G6E and an F6E), I find the seats a backwards step comfort wise compared to my BF, mainly because the base padding is slimmer and softer. Which is a shame.

Seat back's feel the same though.

Yeah i knew you were talking about the trims in the second quote.. Sorry my reply wasn't real clear.

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:53 am 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

Well I have finally got the interior sorted.. BA XR leather, black with the red XR stitching. Not what i really wanted but looks great!

Can anyone tell me if its real leather?? I think its not... But hey for what i paid... Cant complain...

I'll get some pic's of it in when i'm not n night shift.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next