Fordmods Logo

BA2 XR6T , NISSAN PATROL , F250 , LOCO FOR SHORT. 

Page 3 of 4 [ 52 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:47 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

Thank's chaps , i may take it to the Denny ute muster for a bit of fun . I hav'nt registered it yet because ive been to busy . We are supposed to be going to Tassie in November but i have been dragging my feet and hav,nt started on the fifth wheeler that will go on the back of it . Maybe if i can buy a slide on van we can still get away from the crowd on the back beaches and build the fifth wheeler next year . This photo is of what you will need to do something like this , and make sure you get the fuel tank , lines and full (uncut) wiring harness . If you just buy an engine you will die of a broken heart as it's all one part .

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: FG 50th Anni G6E Turbo

VIC, Australia

*Dodd Puts this into his watched topics*

Great work mate... gonna keep an eye on this one.

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

This things in grafton!!!??? It looks fken awesome - I wanna check it out in the flesh!

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Peacock EB Falcon

QLD, Australia

Iron Horse wrote:
i suppose i'm the Jack of all trades , master of none kind of guy .

Hitman.. got it :p

Very nice build!

Wanted, CFI manifold

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:24 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

A quick post to let you know that i have solved the cruise control issue . While i was testing the speedo with the tailshaft out i engaged the cruise control and the engine would flare . It turned out it was because when the EEC sensed a loss of speed it would open the throttle , because there was no load the engine would rev too freely and seem to flare . Ive just had a run out the road and it works perfectly . Just need to register it now .

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BA XR8

NSW, Australia

Hey,

Good to hear you got the cruise issue sorted. I hope you are gonna put it on the dyno. My 4X4 made 227 rwkw. id expect the same, or more from your beast. Awesome work.

Cheers

:D Daz 8-)

BA XR8 Boss 260
DAZFAB......Now Mobile
Mink = GAY
DAZFAB MEMBERS ,,,,DA22LE, XTT909, TERRORISTGHIA, TROYMAN, SWC, FAT245

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: AU XR6

Power: 171 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Iron Horse wrote:
A quick post to let you know that i have solved the cruise control issue . While i was testing the speedo with the tailshaft out i engaged the cruise control and the engine would flare . It turned out it was because when the EEC sensed a loss of speed it would open the throttle , because there was no load the engine would rev too freely and seem to flare . Ive just had a run out the road and it works perfectly . Just need to register it now .

I know it would be a big trip for you but an appearence at the Bathurst cruise would be cool if you get it regoed in time

9/98 AU1 XR6hp-about to retire from the road and be reborn on the race track.
86 ZL mint grandpa spec with premo sound and 150000km
07 TTG 60000km stock as, mods to come.
97 el futura about to be MOCKed

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:52 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

thats fkn wicked as.
man u done a wicked job.

BRENT#24-go the SAINTERS

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:16 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

Thanks guy's , it's good to know that everything now works on the 'F' truck as it did in the ute . It had me worried for a few days when the engine would not start at the beginning tho . I noticed that the demister icon would not illuminate on the LCD , so against what i had been told by Ford that it is forbidden to play with the radio pod i pulled it apart into a hundred bits . I thought with the CanBus wiring it may have something too do with it not starting . I found that the printed circuit board on the rear of the volume control button had a hair line crack in it that went through all the printed tracks . It seems that the drivers knee must have punched the knob when he got rear ended . After jumping all the cracks with fine wire out of an old hands free phone kit i put it all back together and hit the key . It fired straight up and idled like a bought one . Ford told me that if the radio pod had been inverted it would be stuffed and they wanted $5000 for a reman one which had me conned for a couple of days . I'm sure you have all heard this as well , but it was not logical to me because if that were so , they would all be stuffed while transporting the part and warehousing , they could not possibly ensure someone would,nt invert the boxes during this period so i saw the bluff and pulled it apart . The only thing that could possibly be damaged if it was dropped on it's head is the CD drive as it is mounted on fine springs which may distort with the shock . I wont be going to any shows with it as it's only my work and get away truck and is not good enough for a show . DA22LE , that's a cool truck you have . Did you have the engine fitted and what did you use for a bellhousing and mounts etc ? What's the Turbo off , a freakin train or something ??????

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Hi

In relation to shows, all our cars are daily drivers, and the condition of our vehicles reflects this. You would certainly be welcome to enter your truck in the types of shows we enter as it would most certainly meet the criteria.

There is one at Doyalson later in the year which is a bit closer to home for you.

Check out the thread below for info.

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/2008-central-coast-all-ford-day-23-11-08-t58470.html

If you have any questions re this, please PM me.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BA XR8

NSW, Australia

Iron Horse wrote:
DA22LE , that's a cool truck you have . Did you have the engine fitted and what did you use for a bellhousing and mounts etc ? What's the Turbo off , a freakin train or something ??????

Thanks mate. I used a Dellow B/H, and fab'd the rest myself. Turbo is off.......ebay......lol :D

Cheers

Daz

BA XR8 Boss 260
DAZFAB......Now Mobile
Mink = GAY
DAZFAB MEMBERS ,,,,DA22LE, XTT909, TERRORISTGHIA, TROYMAN, SWC, FAT245

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:22 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

BenJ wrote:
Hi

In relation to shows, all our cars are daily drivers, and the condition of our vehicles reflects this. You would certainly be welcome to enter your truck in the types of shows we enter as it would most certainly meet the criteria.

There is one at Doyalson later in the year which is a bit closer to home for you.

Check out the thread below for info.

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/2008-central-coast-all-ford-day-23-11-08-t58470.html

If you have any questions re this, please PM me.

Cheers
BenJ

Sorry for my late response and thank you for your kind welcome . I will keep it in mind .

Now that i have felt the power of this thing , I WANT MORE..... But i dont want to sacrafice the driveability or fuel economy to gain more . Ive adapted the entire standard XR6T exhaust and will not be changing it and i have no room for a larger cooler . Are there other ways to tweak the performance but keep it near stock ? Can i use a computor from a 270KW model and will it work with everything else ? Or can it be simply "Flashed" to a higher level ? Thanks .

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: Ef Ghiaaaaaargh!

WA, Australia

You should take it to show's for sure, give it a quick detail before you head down. You might be surprised by the amount of interest you get too..

Mercedes 500SEC: -- GONE -- http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/my-83-mercedes-500sec-buildup-t69837.html
Ef Ghia: -- GONE -- Pacie 4480's, 2.5" Redback, custom grille, FTR's.
AU xr8: BA xr wheels, 2.5" custom exh, leather and woodgrain next.
Chevy Camaro: LHD, Black, all original.

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

Easiest way is to upgrade the injectors and give it a flash tune. It will benefit from a free flowing exhaust and a better intercooler but is not vital. Fuel economy will be better then standard, these cars run very rich from the factory.

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:45 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

fnp wrote:
these cars run very rich from the factory.

Would that be to stop them burning pistons ? Can you also richen the fuel mixture with the flash for full boost towing ? With the fifth wheeler behind on long hills i need to know the engine is wet enough to hold together .

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next