banarcus' BA XR8 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: banarcus' BA XR8
Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

Firstly, this has had no where near the mods as some here including my ED Fairmont but it is a work in progress.

Bought it back in December 2006 after trading in our VY SV8. This car was a gun, but had a few problems

I was looking at a BA Fairmont 3V but the dealer was a clown. I drove down the road and found my XR8. Pretty much nil options other than the XR mats but had a 6 speed manual. Took it for a test drive and bought it.

Yes, it already came with the BF GT stripes. I didn't like them at first but they've since grown on me, especially white on red. I needed to do a few things to it. Firstly I fabricated a DIY CAI for a real throaty growl.

Yes, I rode the clutch a bit on this one :(

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM_cnUx4ibk[/youtube]

Anyway, with the CAI done, I needed some sound coming from the other end of the car. I initially bought a Berklee twin 2.5" after hearing a youtube video. I was very disappointed. It sounded no better than the stock and it set me back $500. I had the rear muffler chopped and it sounded worse! A fuel injected diggeridoo that had massive drone. I bought a XForce rear section and fixed the problem straight away!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujFfWQGLdz0[/youtube]

After this, I built and fitted a pre-amp so that I have a powered AUX input for my MP3 player. Sorry no photos.

I found a set of pacemakers off a bloke who blew his motor up. I had them bead blasted by my brother and then I painted them in high temp paint

And then came time to fit them. I have to say that all the talk that I've heard about fitting extractors to a Boss V8 is negative. I made a few custom tools and got to work. Much easier to fit than pacemakers to a VR V8 and after doing it, I can confidently say that alot of the banter about fitting these is mostly hearsay and 2nd hand information. In other words, they have no idea what they are talking about!!

I had one injury. I squashed my thumb between the cat and Y pipe flanges when I slid the middle exhaust section forward. A dirty big blood blister.

Next thing coming up will be a flash tune. Sometime within the 1st quarter of next year I will be installing a GT ICC with the colour TFT screen so I can then install a car computer. I'm in the planning stages now and already have the sat nav software, the front end(Centrafuse 2.0) and a shopping list. Looking at something like a mini ATX size so I can mount it under the parcel shelf where the factory sat nav sits. I will be able to have WiFi internet, my complete collection of MP3s, sat nav, TV, DVDs, bluetooth for our mobiles, emails and ECU real time data connection just to name a few, all at my fingertips.

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

great read... with the induction and exhaust growl sorted she sounds great... you wont be disapointed with a flash tune.. :wink:

Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

Nice work mate.
Looks like you got a few nice cars in your stable ;)

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Thanks for the replies. I've had this thing on the dyno when it was only fitted with a CAI and a cats back exhaust and it had 219rwKw. Now with the extractors and hopefully a flash tune, perhaps a healthy 230-240kW would be possible? I'll post another video up this week now that the exhaust is completely done.

Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 31 images

Ride: G6E TURBO

NSW, Australia

Nice car banarcus :o

MEMBER 1390

Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Xr6 Turbo

VIC, Australia

very tidy xr8 :) sound nice (thumbs up) your right about the gt stripes they grow on you. im getting a flash tune for my car soon :D

Previous cars

1995 ef futura - nothing special
2003 xr6 turbo 5 -speed 307rwkw

Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Hi Barnacus

I like the XR8. But your wagon is much better LOL.

The car pc sounds interesting. I look forward to further details.

BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef fairmont

NSW, Australia

hi mate nice ba have you still got the wagon ? the wife sold the ef and got a xr ba . i still have the fairmont .done heeps more the fairmont since you saw it when you were living in orange

Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

MARK.TANIA wrote:
hi mate nice ba have you still got the wagon ? the wife sold the ef and got a xr ba . i still have the fairmont .done heeps more the fairmont since you saw it when you were living in orange

Hi mark, yeah still have the wagon, I too have done heaps to it since you came over that time in Orange. EF interior, heads, inlet, cam, extractors and a LPG conversion plus I ended up painting my window wipers as you suggested :). I have a thread here somewhere in the Garage. I was only at Bathurst about 3 weeks ago for a cruise too :(

Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

banarcus wrote:
MARK.TANIA wrote:

Hi mark, yeah still have the wagon, I too have done heaps to it since you came over that time in Orange. EF interior, heads, inlet, cam, extractors and a LPG conversion plus I ended up painting my window wipers as you suggested :). I have a thread here somewhere in the Garage. I was only at Bathurst about 3 weeks ago for a cruise too :(

The wagon is a sweet ride, loved the cruise to Bathurst (Thanks again) and now going to hit Mark up for a ride in the XR next time :D

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]