Fordmods Logo

banarcus' ED Fairmont V8 wagon 

Page 16 of 18 [ 260 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post subject: Re: banarcus' ED Fairmont V8 wagon
Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

What is a 1994 ED Fairmont V8 station wagon worth these days? Car is going great, still drives great apart from the drone and never misses a beat.

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

The last one i saw was in early march, it was on Ebay with LPG and went for 2300. But yours is in much nicer condition.

Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

if it didnt fetch at least 4k on ebay i'd be surprised

Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

banarcus wrote:
What is a 1994 ED Fairmont V8 station wagon worth these days? Car is going great, still drives great apart from the drone and never misses a beat.

Your not going to sell it are ya? That would be a shame, but then again you can get something else to mod.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Going to miss the sound of the windsor, it doesn't set the world on fire but is reliable as anything else and for a V8, gets great economy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoj-6vuEel0

Yeah, might have to do some research. Basically looking for a Land Rover because the want for a proper 4x4 wagon and it must be a V8.

Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Racing to the petrol station were we? :P

Definitely does sound very nice indeed, overall, a very sweet looking ED wagon 8-)

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane + G220

Power: 143 rwkw

NSW, Australia

:shock: :o :? ........... :) :D :mrgreen:
A fellow cardinal red LWB to keep the Lane company in the carport....hmmmm~ :idea:

E-Series Fairlane/LTD? forums/post746329.html#746329
Mick's Garage forums/viewtopic.php?t=65504

Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon Monti

NSW, Australia

NCIILANE wrote:
:shock: :o :? ........... :) :D :mrgreen:
A fellow cardinal red LWB to keep the Lane company in the carport....hmmmm~ :idea:

I dare say sell the ED and buy this one. You know you want to Mick :lol:

BANNED USER

Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

banarcus wrote:
Going to miss the sound of the windsor, it doesn't set the world on fire but is reliable as anything else and for a V8, gets great economy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoj-6vuEel0

Yeah, might have to do some research. Basically looking for a Land Rover because the want for a proper 4x4 wagon and it must be a V8.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the only thing good about them is the sound and suspension travel. I would lay more faith in a $2 Rollex bought on ebay with free postage.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

You can get V8 landcruisers too, but they are petrol. I'm sure with a set of extractors & good exhaust system they might sound like a good v8!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
You can get V8 landcruisers too, but they are petrol. I'm sure with a set of extractors & good exhaust system they might sound like a good v8!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

If you can afford it, 4.5L twin turbo diesel V8 Landbruiser, quicker than a stock XR8 pre EL XR8II. :shock:

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)

Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Sorry Jas, cant bring myself to own a jap vehicle and I've read heaps of opinions on Discovery V8s.

I've read about interiors falling apart, motors(V8s) liners shifting, overheating, expensive to repair, expensive parts, airbag suspension badness and three amigos etc. I figure it cannot be all that different to a E series Ford apart from expensive parts which can be cheaper on the net and ebay.

I'm good on the spanners and figure a city based well serviced Discovery will be a good thing.

I was after a Disco 3 TDV6 but still are about 40-50k and I don't want to spend a heap. Sad to say that the wagon will most likely fund LPG injection on the Land Rover to make it a little easier on the wallet.

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

banarcus wrote:
Sorry Jas, cant bring myself to own a jap vehicle and I've read heaps of opinions on Discovery V8s.

I've read about interiors falling apart, motors(V8s) liners shifting, overheating, expensive to repair, expensive parts, airbag suspension badness and three amigos etc. I figure it cannot be all that different to a E series Ford apart from expensive parts which can be cheaper on the net and ebay.

I'm good on the spanners and figure a city based well serviced Discovery will be a good thing.

I was after a Disco 3 TDV6 but still are about 40-50k and I don't want to spend a heap. Sad to say that the wagon will most likely fund LPG injection on the Land Rover to make it a little easier on the wallet.

I have worked for years in both a Ford and Land Rover dealerships, considering how little percentage of vehicles Land Rovers there is on the road and the fact we were one of the few dealerships which people would travel hundreds of kms to get repairs and services done, Land Rovers make Aussie Falcons look like they are faultless.
I have heard about the liners shifting, I have never seen it happen, if anything the V8's seem to be more reliable than TD5's, but there is very little percentage wise out there to really judge this, I have just done head gaskets and replaced complete engines, most faults with the V8s have been failed air flow meters and the general ignition system maintenance parts.

Buy a large drip tray, one about 5m x 2m, as a Land Rover without oil leaks has ran out of oil.
They are excellent in the bush, if you get lost there is always an oil trail for emergency services to follow.
Buy jeans with big pockets, you will always have your hands in them.

One thing I will say, series 2 Disco are more comfortable and handles better than any other front/rear live axle 4WD of the same era.
Don't buy one with factory airbag suspension, it is awesome until the pump fails, it is expensive and if you could find a way to replace it with something else it will still be expensive, we have looked into this for customers, airbags can be purchased aftermarket, last time I saw the price was about $450pr for non genuine, from memory (4yrs ago) they were $750 each genuine, pump was somewhere around the $1600 mark, it comes with the control valves in it.
If you see one with the adjustable sway bar, buy it, I have never seen a failure and they are awesome, hit the hwy and they firm up.
If you buy a S2, fit a range shifter from a S1 to get centre diff lock, unless it is a S2 with the centre diff lock removed from the transfer case, traction control works on ABS sensors, the sensors are very unreliable as per everything electrical on a Landrover. Lucky the central door dead locks are German made, if they fail they are big dollar items and nothing but a smashed window will get you in, then the fun of trying to fix it, trust me this can not be done at home, as it not only requires the correct interface software but also correct codes, the codes are the hard bit.
I could go on for hours, but I have to get to work.

I don't know anything about Jeeps but they come in V8's.

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Other than the height and live axle most S2 Disco's aren't real 4WD, traction control is hopeless and no centre diff lock, diff locks and no LSD (No factory Land Rover or any model etc has LSD or diff locks).

The Bosch ABS modules in S2 have a fairly high failure rate, 4yrs ago I tried to repair what the diagnostic equipment stated most problems were, I never succeeded and back then they cost $1600+ to the dealership and not through Land Rover as it was about $2500 to the dealership.
I have only seen one S1 ABS module fail, but then again most S1 do not have ABS and all S2 have ABS. Mark you would know any vehicle fitted from the factory with ABS must have it working, if the "Three Amigos" are showing the ABS is not working.

Seriously check your pockets and research the cost of what is actually available after market, it takes a certain breed to own and continue to own one.

If I was to own one I would modify Patrol 4.2L differential assemblies and gearbox/transfer case to fit, then replace all the wiring, then fit a V8 with grunt, this is why I wouldn't own one, easier just to buy a GQ or GU 4.2L and fit a V8 to that, as they are tougher, just as good in the bush, cheap and best of all reliable.

ZF gearbox gearbox in both auto and manual are reliable :lol:, inspect if oil in the auto is black, if is stay away from it, big $$$$, if it is clean make sure they didn't just flush it.

Brakes are awesome when they work, when road testing give them a big workout, they commonly glaze up, a city Disco shouldn't have that problem, discs and pads are cheap even genuine, a rarity with Land Rover parts.

One thing about working in a Land Rover dealership you get to know tilt tray drivers well, other than services many end up coming in that way,

Did you know when S2 was released Land Rover had prepared for $5000 per vehicle sold for warranties, they also failed with that estimate :lol:

I will give up bagging them now, but I have plenty of experience bagging them, LOL I still work on Land Rovers, my work mates bag them but these are the more reliable ones so I partly stick up for them, Army 110's with the Izuzu engines.

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane + G220

Power: 143 rwkw

NSW, Australia

So I take it you don't like Land Rovers eh! :P

E-Series Fairlane/LTD? forums/post746329.html#746329
Mick's Garage forums/viewtopic.php?t=65504

Sort by  
 Page 16 of 18  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next