BF 190 ENGINE NAD ZF 6HP260 AUTO SWAP INTO Falcon TE50 T1 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: BF 190 ENGINE NAD ZF 6HP260 AUTO SWAP INTO Falcon TE50 T1
Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:47 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 49 images

Ride: TE50 T1

NSW, Australia

HI, I want to drop a BF 190 Barra with ZF 6 Speed auto into my TE50 T1. I asked around here in South Africa for an aftermarket management control system for the ZF box but not one can control it.
I heard that I need the BF`s original loom ECU and others to control the gearbox as the ZF are controlled by CANBUS.

I need advice please. We did not get the BA and other models after in South Africa so n not many people can advice on it. I looked around on this site but could not find any ZF boxes into an AU Falcon.

Do you think I must use my AU3 Fairmonts gearbox? Please let me know. I am willing to buy the loom and ECU if I can get for a reasonable price. I am planning to ad a turbo to the engine in a years time.

Thanx
PS, PLease dont ask what happened to the TE50`s original V8 engine and box.

Post subject: Re: BF 190 ENGINE NAD ZF 6HP260 AUTO SWAP INTO Falcon TE50 T1
Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

SABOY wrote:
HI, I want to drop a BF 190 Barra with ZF 6 Speed auto into my TE50 T1. I asked around here in South Africa for an aftermarket management control system for the ZF box but not one can control it.
I heard that I need the BF`s original loom ECU and others to control the gearbox as the ZF are controlled by CANBUS.

I need advice please. We did not get the BA and other models after in South Africa so n not many people can advice on it. I looked around on this site but could not find any ZF boxes into an AU Falcon.

Do you think I must use my AU3 Fairmonts gearbox? Please let me know. I am willing to buy the loom and ECU if I can get for a reasonable price. I am planning to ad a turbo to the engine in a years time.

Thanx
PS, PLease dont ask what happened to the TE50`s original V8 engine and box.

I believe that the Haltech barra plug and play ecu can control the ZF auto. May be worth checking out.

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]