Bitsa EA and daily AU 

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Bitsa EA
Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:59 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 1990 ea 5 speed

SA, Australia

oh yea i know wat ya mean is their much of an improvement in the system or is it just minor

89 ea falcon " panda" ef 5spd i6 engine with wade 1673 cam shaved ported head, full stainless 2 n half inch zaust 20 inch rims n 330mm brake upgrade soon to hae m90 blower running 12 pound pulley :D

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:26 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EAII Ghia & AUII Fairmont

VIC, Australia

ea street sleeper wrote:
oh yea i know wat ya mean is their much of an improvement in the system or is it just minor

It's a much nicer system. The skinny belts used in the EA-ED system are very difficult to get to the right tension and they like to flick the power steering belt off from time to time, particularly in manuals. The serpentine setup also has the advantage of being self tensioning, so once you get the belt on it gives little trouble.

btw. I fixed the coolant leak. When we attached the water pump to the heater return pipe, it seems to have caught the o-ring. The brand new o-ring was stuffed. Put a new one in, and it seems to be all good now. Hopefully it stands the test of time. I also got a belt cover for it today that I'll chuck on tomorrow.

1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia
Platinum Silver - 5 speed

EL engine, BBM, SVO wheels, Sprint kit, Scorcher front bar, XR lip, EF handles, mirrors & fuel flap, 2.5" exhaust, pacemaker extractors and high flow cat, serpentine conversion, AU rocker cover, heaps more

Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:03 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

The AU rocker cover is on. I just need some longer leads to run them AU style, and to repaint my brake booster

1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia

EL engine, BBM, SVO wheels, Sprint kit, Scorcher front bar, XR lip, EF handles, mirrors & fuel flap, 2.5" exhaust, pacemaker extractors and high flow cat, serpentine conversion, AU rocker cover, heaps more

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:38 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: xf

New Zealand

nice lookn car, colour suits to a tee. i wouldve thought by now ya woulda just dropped a tickford 4.0l instead of replacing every s*** part on the ol 3.9?

NMASIS - '89 XF. ED transplant engine, T5 with billet shortshifter, H/D clutch, adj fuel press reg, pod filter, 2.5'' exhaust, LSD, linelocker.
wishlist - DSR 480 turbo, big fat alloy radiator and a nine inch. oh and money. ha.

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:21 pm 
SA Cruise Moderator

Ride: 1993 EBll xr6, 2003 ba xt

Power: 150 rwkw

SA, Australia

may i ask how where did you get your fuel flap door to and how did you go about putting to your ea i would say it would be the same for eb ed?

thanks

Owning 1 of 84,847 ebII.
2x clarion subs 1200w, 1x clarion amp 400w, pioneer headunit, 16x8 roh reflex.
Clear side, front indicators, White dials, trip computer, boot spoiler, K & N air filter.
35% tint, paint code (z) stark white, 3" crome nudge bar, Xh snorkle

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:51 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

SkidMcMarks wrote:
nice lookn car, colour suits to a tee. i wouldve thought by now ya woulda just dropped a tickford 4.0l instead of replacing every s*** part on the ol 3.9?

haha. Believe it or not, besides the serpentine stuff and the rocker cover I've hardly changed anything on the 3.9! It still runs well so I'll just run it into the ground. Being a daily driver, I don't really want to be mucking around with engine swaps because they usually seem to take longer than initially planned. Thanks anyway.

jonathon wrote:
may i ask how where did you get your fuel flap door to and how did you go about putting to your ea i would say it would be the same for eb ed?
I got mine from the wreckers off a late EL wagon. You can modify EF/EL sedan ones to fit by removing the EF hinge, and putting an EA hinge on, using a few washers to space it out right. I was struggling to get it right then found the EL wagon one has the EA hinge already. The only problem is finding one. All EF wagons, and the early EL wagons still used the EA-ED style fuel flap. All I had to modify was the latch as it wasn't sitting flush. I just bent a little tab in slightly and drilled a bigger hole in the latch and it's perfect now. Just as long as you have the remote release it's the same from EA-ED

1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:31 pm 
SA Cruise Moderator

Ride: 1993 EBll xr6, 2003 ba xt

Power: 150 rwkw

SA, Australia

thanks mate time to start looking

Owning 1 of 84,847 ebII.
2x clarion subs 1200w, 1x clarion amp 400w, pioneer headunit, 16x8 roh reflex.
Clear side, front indicators, White dials, trip computer, boot spoiler, K & N air filter.
35% tint, paint code (z) stark white, 3" crome nudge bar, Xh snorkle

Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:00 am 
Oompa Loompa

New Zealand

haha too true mate, i always have problems with dailys turning into projects and often find myself riding the pushie to work. :lol:

NMASIS - '89 XF. ED transplant engine, T5 with billet shortshifter, H/D clutch, adj fuel press reg, pod filter, 2.5'' exhaust, LSD, linelocker.
wishlist - DSR 480 turbo, big fat alloy radiator and a nine inch. oh and money. ha.

Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

SkidMcMarks wrote:
haha too true mate, i always have problems with dailys turning into projects and often find myself riding the pushie to work. :lol:

Haha. It's like a few of my friends. One of my friends set a deadline of 6 months to get it on the road. 12 months later it still wasn't there, he'd gotten over it completely and ended up wrecking it.

1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:00 pm 
Oompa Loompa

New Zealand

sounds just like a mate of mine. lose too much money on unfinished projects

Post subject: Re: Bitsa EA and daily AU
Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Long time without updates, and a lot has changed.

For starters, after snapping a timing chain guide on the 3.9 and considering it was leaking oil pretty bad, it was time to replace it. So now it's got an EL engine with BBM in it's place. Last weekend we fitted it with my Wade 977b cam. I also got a V8 dual diaphragm brake booster to replace the paint-peeling stocker. I also got a 3.27 LSD after I blew up the old 3.23. So a lot of changes here
And I also got a BA XR6 snorkel

Externally not much has changed. I modded the front indicators to match up better with the headlights, got an EB bonnet and lowered the front a little bit more
and with my neighbour's new daily

Speaking of dailys, I bought a new one a few months ago. The EA's now a weekender. I bought an AUII Fairmont on gas

When I got it:

Since then I've given it a cleanup, got some centre caps for the wheels (it had one), repainted the grille and bumper inserts black, got a 2.5" catback with twin tips (the old one was horrible), clear side repeaters and desticker/ debadged it (Intech OHC badges and for some reason it had a SeriesIII badge). For the interior, as well as replacing a lot of globes, I got some Ghia door handles, shifter surround and some woodgrain door spears. Much nicer!
and with a fullsize rear numberplate

1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2