Fordmods Logo

Bitsa Taxi Wagon 

Page 23 of 24 [ 358 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post subject: Re: Bitsa Taxi Wagon
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:52 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

NSW, Australia

Thats my point. cant loose money if something isnt worth anything to start with.

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

head_ache wrote:
Thats my point. cant loose money if something isnt worth anything to start with.

Lets do some simple maths, EL - lets say you got ripped $1k, bog $300, export spray cans $35. Value of EL - scrap Metal - $190.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

i'd rather be driving arround a standard falcon than an embarrasment too.. but i guess thats just personal preference..

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

head_ache wrote:

Lets do some simple maths, EL - lets say you got ripped $1k, bog $300, export spray cans $35. Value of EL - scrap Metal - $190.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Export spray cans? It was like that when it got rego but has since gone back to bare metal and will be painted in acrylic.

I do have a question of both 67RCE and Mitch_. Do you 2 have lives? Anytime a post is made on this thread and others on this site you both seem to respond quickly with the same negative BS. Its fine to have your opinion but to post negative BS gets old doesnt it?

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:21 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA XLS Ute

VIC, Australia

This wagon is a piece of art! Abstract art... I dont personally like it. But hey, if you enjoy the time spent working on it, i say go for your life. Surely it wont be roadworthy with some of your mods though?!

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

head_ache wrote:
Export spray cans? It was like that when it got rego but has since gone back to bare metal and will be painted in acrylic.

I do have a question of both 67RCE and Mitch_. Do you 2 have lives? Anytime a post is made on this thread and others on this site you both seem to respond quickly with the same negative BS. Its fine to have your opinion but to post negative BS gets old doesnt it?

Yep, the joys of smartphones mean we get updates when someone posts in this thread.

Also, lol @ acrylic, and admittance to Export spray cans.

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

meh let him go

working on his car obviously is something that he enjoys doing and keeps him busy. It may be far from quality work, but hes having a go

.... some thread improvement

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

^^^ Is that really you Mr Mont? My goodness....

I was gonna try shaving my boot too.... I have not read whole thread, but he did at least use metal in the boot shave?
Right?

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA Falcon

Power: 106 rwkw

SA, Australia

head_ache wrote:
Most people dont like this car which I dont care if they do or dont as its mine. The bog thing has been bought up many times and it seems that people seem to forget the fact that besides the rear bar which is only being done so I can make a mould there isnt alot of bog in the car. There is bog on the fibreglass scoop/bonnet, the fibreglass front flares and on the fibreglass front bar the rest of the car is entirely metal and what bog is there is used for smoothing and blending, Not for building.

I have had no experience with paint or panel prior to this and it shows but by me stuffing up I try to learn. I am not like one of the many many many people who throw money at various different shops and purchase something that every second person seems to have or pay other people to do stuff on my car and then claim that I built a unique car.

Fair call having a go.... While some of your ideas are winners in my eyes, some just make you go ummmm.... Well I guess you are learning as you go but OK you broke a window (replace it), dont weld the doors that will just look wrong and removes the idea of having a wagon in the first place.... I get what you are doing with the rear bar by trying to get it right before making a mold as getting wagon kits is difficult I would imagine....

I cant imagine what is wrong with using Acrylic as some people have said, I use it on all my cars as do many others....

Good luck, still following the progress....

2003 BA Falcon Egas Taxi Pack - XR Replica
Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

head_ache wrote:

why not have a laugh at someone elses expense... where else can i socialize with people on centrelink than good ole' fordmods!

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

67RCE wrote:
head_ache wrote:

Whats so funny about using acrylic??
I produced a class winning AU at AFD 2009 that was painted in acylic and was an Xcab too.....
Its easy to spray in the shed with basic equipment, make a mistake, rub it back and go again...

Matt black export spray cans are great for under the guards....

Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

AU99 wrote:
67RCE wrote:
head_ache wrote:

I produced a class winning AU at AFD 2009 that was painted in acylic and was an Xcab too.....
Its easy to spray in the shed with basic equipment, make a mistake, rub it back and go again...

Quality of paint, quality of work when handled by a pro, and lifespan. 2Pac is far superior.

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

67RCE wrote:
AU99 wrote:
67RCE wrote:
head_ache wrote:

Quality of paint, quality of work when handled by a pro, and lifespan. 2Pac is far superior.

You said it yourself "when handled by a pro" in other cases Acrylic for the backyarder is easy like I said, you dont need "quality"gear to spray Acrylic or full resporation gear to paint it either. An average paint job is approx $200-$700 depending on colour etc etc

Here is some of mine to drive that point home....

See that little compressor on the right hand side... thats what painted all these cars... $200 including the spray gun & hose from Supercheap!!!!!

Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

hmm, as much as I hated the sedan and definitely a lot of the things you've done I wouldn't atleast your getting out there and giving it a go not just planning it.

Also find it funny you posting the pics up, remind me when I was young the sort of stuff I'd come out with, but decided to leave the art to artists, I get where your coming from I think though.
got heaps of ideas, but I think it may be worth thinking about the less is more concept if you were chasing to impress others but I gather that's not the case.

On the pano style though.
in alot of ways it's the easy way to chop top a pano is to box in a wags.
but it's all compromises but for now just replace the blastard window.

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Sort by  
 Page 23 of 24  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next