Page 3 of 4 [ 47 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: bng's EL XR6.... Now wingless
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF GT, EL Xr, Xp mont, 4runner

Power: 137 rwkw

NSW, Australia

thats looking tops without the wing. Kinda strange though as i put mine back on the other day after having no wing for a few years lol. Gotta be the best e-series colour aswell after Galaxy blue lol

84 4runner.......needs boost
El xr6.....needs dohc boost
Xp fairmont......needs boosted 8
Bf GT......cant afford boost no more

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:37 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
bng wrote:
I know there are a few sets for sale. Try a wreckers. I went into one the other day and saw they had some.

We've been saying we need to have one soon. Brad and I have just had a bit going on of late (dad passing) so we've been busy with other things. But we'll defs have one soon.

I was talking to Marty a few weeks ago and he wants to organize a big one soon . Trying to get this ticky kit on but the weather is working against me .

well we were thinking about liverpool one friday night and then defs a bigger cruise. youll have the kit on before we actually organise one haha. your car looks awesome by the way

XPFalcon170 wrote:
thats looking tops without the wing. Kinda strange though as i put mine back on the other day after having no wing for a few years lol. Gotta be the best e-series colour aswell after Galaxy blue lol

haha thanks. i was reading someone else thread and he just took his wing but wanted a shark fin one, which the same day, i took off haha. funny how every does everything at the same time haha

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

NSW, Australia

bng wrote:
ef_falcon_95 wrote:
bng wrote:
I know there are a few sets for sale. Try a wreckers. I went into one the other day and saw they had some.

We've been saying we need to have one soon. Brad and I have just had a bit going on of late (dad passing) so we've been busy with other things. But we'll defs have one soon.

I was talking to Marty a few weeks ago and he wants to organize a big one soon . Trying to get this ticky kit on but the weather is working against me .

[quotewell we were thinking about liverpool one friday night and then defs a bigger cruise. youll have the kit on before we actually organise one haha. your car looks awesome by the way
]

Should hopefully be on lol . Spent $100 today on car wash and polish so should look better lol

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:56 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

HAha. It'll be on. I take mine up the road. $95 and they clay bar it. Thing looks mint when it's done

Also finally got around to getting new wiper arms as I was sick to death of the paint flaking off the old ones. Friends got a sand blaster which made life easy. Primed and painted. Just waiting to be fitted

Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Paint off mine are all flaked too,
What's the clay bar do ? Doesn't it clean the paint so it can be polished ?

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:45 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

I'd say pull em off and repaint them. Every eseries seems to have them flaking.

Yea it's for prep. Just gets it smooth. Kinda saves having to cut it back

Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I don't usually cut it back . I use a light paint cleaner .
I read the clay bar is for stubborn paint defects .

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:50 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

I don't cut mine back. I don't trust the paint. From what I've been told the clay bar picks up all the small stuff that's in the paint. Once it's done and polished it looks 100%.

Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

i used the clay bar for the s**t that was on the side of my gf's au i found out it was freshly painted lines and the previous owner ran over them and the whole left side of the car had that s**t on it and the clay bar got it all off not worries at all.

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Might give the clay bar a go

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:55 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Clay bars are the go haha. Have a go with it Corey and see what you think.

What are you doing with your argents?

Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Keeping them ? Whys that ?
Had a few thoughts of selling them and getting el xr6 wheels . But since I already have 2 wheels may aswell keep them and find another 2 to complete the set .

What clay bar you use ?
I was going to use the maguiries quik clay bar

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

i got one they use at work cost me $15 and its the ones all the detailers use its blue and comes in one of those soap containers. i bought it from autosmart they sell all sorts of industrial cleaning agents for the automotive trade. just google them there would be one near you id say.even polish's and stuff like that they sell all top notch stuff and for a pretty decent price too.

i see the guys at work gerne the cars first then claay bar them then gerne them again shamie let it dr and then polish and they come up mickey mouse.gets rid of all the bumpy sh*t on your paint work. give it a shot see how you go.just when you use it make sue the area of the cars abit moist and use abit of soap or car shampoo just to lube it abit because it starts to stick the the car after awhile.

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I got the maguiries one , comes with a spray on quick detailer to lube the clay bar . Cost $33 . The clay bar is tiny as lol will it do a whole car ?

It says on the box it only removes bonded contaminates like air pollution, tree sap , etc
But won't remove swirls or paint oxidization ?

So it's really a surface cleaner then ?
My paints pretty good , I didn't want to take any paint off just prep it for polish so clay bar should be the way to go .

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:05 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

I get old mate up the road to do it. Hour and a half and it's done. I ask him to do it as my paints old and I don't know how it'll go if I cut it.
Just do a small section on a panel and see what it does. You shouldn't have any dramas. I (get someone else to) do it at least every 2 months. Even once a month. You can see how good the car looks. And it should last a couple of weeks

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next