bradley4567's XC 

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: bradley4567's XC
Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF daily, xc project

NSW, Australia

i've recently brought an xc,
it was trashed so before anything happens i had to clean out the car, inside i found all sorta of s**t like a gumboot, various nuts and bolts all sorts of drive belts some hubcats, couple of ton of dirt and grass.

so far i have pulled everything out and given it a vaccume with help from the girlfriend.
its got a 4.1L I6 column shift auto with bench seat, and for now the body is white

any suggestions on what colour to get the car resprayed and what engine and trans to get fitted.

tomorrow when it gets light i'll take some pics of what it looks like now, still along way to go

brad

ef falcon daily driver
78 xc falcon 500 project
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/bradley4567-s-xc-t83750.html

calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

Post subject: Re: bradley4567's XC
Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

any ideas of what i could/should do to this car would be very helpful.
and does anyone know of a wrecker/store that carries parts for the xa-xb-xc series of cars.

ef falcon daily driver
78 xc falcon 500 project

calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Looking forward to seeing it. We need more X series Falcons here!
As far as motor goes in an XC there is only one choice. 351 Clevo!
Seeing as though you are most likely on your P's being 17 you cant drive on so just slip a nice exhaust and some good pipes on the crossflow and start getting together all the 351 gear for when you can legally drive it.
The crossflows go alright when done properly.
Clour on an XC for me would either be a blue similar to Bionic blue or White with blackouts.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yer thats what i was thinking, but it just seems like everyone is doing that,
i think that the current exhaust will suffice for now it gurgles if that is the right word like an 8, ha

it wont be driven for quite a while as i will be working on it, not much will happen over the next few weeks as i am doing my hsc.

any ideas on where to put speakers as atm it only has the one mono in the center of the dash. and the head unit doesnt work,

i am going to remove the head unit and for now put in a sony one that i removed from my ed when i upgraded it. eventually when i can afford i will put one of those fancy touchscreen carputer things in. Maybe it it will look ugly then i wont.

ef falcon daily driver
78 xc falcon 500 project

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Futura

TAS, Australia

Mate I wouldn't go putting a computer or anything like that in there, she's an official classic, and as a muscle car she'd look a lot tougher with just mechanics styled headunit, not something really fancy. Of course that's just my opinion.

And you're in Tas right? 'Cos it's legal to drive a V8 as far as I know, I know a mate who drives a V8 on his P's, first and second period too.

Might pay to check though, never talked to him about it so he may not be aloowed to but just does :p

Oh, and hurry with pics, really want to see it!

DCII LTD V8 - leather - low k's
1978 XC '1/2' 500 project 302C
BA Futura wagon
P38 Range Rover HSE

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

lukey1990 wrote:
Mate I wouldn't go putting a computer or anything like that in there, she's an official classic, and as a muscle car she'd look a lot tougher with just mechanics styled headunit, not something really fancy. Of course that's just my opinion.

And you're in Tas right? 'Cos it's legal to drive a V8 as far as I know, I know a mate who drives a V8 on his P's, first and second period too.

Might pay to check though, never talked to him about it so he may not be aloowed to but just does :p

nope im in nsw, appin which is south west of sydney,
well i am going to at least put a cd player instead of the just a radio, and atm i only have one mono speaker in the center of the dash.

any ideas peoples of where to put speakers, i want 4, 2 front 2 back, the usual setup,

does anyone know how they were setup and where they were placed in the cars that had stereo sound,

i'll get some pics when i get home

ef falcon daily driver
78 xc falcon 500 project

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF gli, EF Fairmont, ZH Fairlane

TAS, Australia

bradley4567 wrote:
lukey1990 wrote:

nope im in nsw, appin which is south west of sydney,
well i am going to at least put a cd player instead of the just a radio, and atm i only have one mono speaker in the center of the dash.

any ideas peoples of where to put speakers, i want 4, 2 front 2 back, the usual setup,

does anyone know how they were setup and where they were placed in the cars that had stereo sound,

i'll get some pics when i get home

my mate hid 2 4inch speakers up inside the dash 2 6 inch speakers in the kick panels and mounted 2 6X9's under the rear pacel tray and cd player in the glove box in his XY.

Daily: 1994 EF Falcon GLI, few mods with many more planned.

Soon to be daily: 1995 EF Fairmont, mostly stock.

Restoration: 1997 ZH Fairlane 500, 351 auto.

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ef falcon daily driver
78 xc falcon 500 project

Last edited by bradley4567 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF gli, EF Fairmont, ZH Fairlane

TAS, Australia

with photo bucket past the IMG code so the image appears in the thread you may also need to resize them abit

Daily: 1994 EF Falcon GLI, few mods with many more planned.

Soon to be daily: 1995 EF Fairmont, mostly stock.

Restoration: 1997 ZH Fairlane 500, 351 auto.

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

XD VAN 82 wrote:
with photo bucket past the IMG code so the image appears in the thread you may also need to resize them abit

yer i got it, just before i read your post, thanks though, now i just need to put the rest up

ef falcon daily driver
78 xc falcon 500 project

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

I had a 78 rally pac in fireglow red which turned orange in certain light and looked sweet. But as for the speakers standard I'm fairly certain that it was fitted with 4in speakers in the kick panels and 6in in the rear parcel shelf with the casset player at the bottom of the dash on the right side of the steering colum. Also had a seperate fader controll beside the clock in the lower centre of the dash.Wish I still had that car.

ef fairmont ghia 5.0L
classy cruiser

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ok so here is some pic of the car pretty much how i got it except i have not that you can tell cleaned it up a fair amount compared to what is was,

before is had dirt caked through it and s**t everywhere

engine bay

rust

patch of paint missing

torn up drivers seat

front seat again

rear end

temporary battery out of a semi prime mover

no idea what this is, looks like it should be connected to something can anyone help

engine again

sorry about the trashed garage, its not my fault

ef falcon daily driver
78 xc falcon 500 project

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

revhead wrote:
I had a 78 rally pac in fireglow red which turned orange in certain light and looked sweet. But as for the speakers standard I'm fairly certain that it was fitted with 4in speakers in the kick panels and 6in in the rear parcel shelf with the casset player at the bottom of the dash on the right side of the steering colum. Also had a seperate fader controll beside the clock in the lower centre of the dash.Wish I still had that car.

nah in mine its only got the single mono speaker in the center of the dash and the radio tuner is to the left in the center as in pics, and thats all

ef falcon daily driver
78 xc falcon 500 project

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

For its day mine had the premo sound system. You've got the potential for a really nice car keep us updated with your progress. I'm sure there will be a few members keen to see how you go.

ef fairmont ghia 5.0L
classy cruiser

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

revhead wrote:
For its day mine had the premo sound system. You've got the potential for a really nice car keep us updated with your progress. I'm sure there will be a few members keen to see how you go.

yer its just at the moment i dont have and money and im doing my hsc, but i discovered the wonderful thing called paint stripper, lols so far i have stripped both the drivers side doors back to bare metal ready to be filled and primed, then put aside while i do the rest of the car, its gunna be alot of work but once im done with hsc i'll have alot of time before i start my apprenticeship next year.

i will post up pictures of the stripped back doors within the next few days, i recently bought an air compressor and spraying equipment hoses fitting and the like.

anyone know a cheap place around the sydney campbeltown area, but im prepared to travel a bit if the price is right.

on a last note anyone have some ideas one what colour/s to do the exterior/interior

brad

ef falcon daily driver
78 xc falcon 500 project

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next