BRY40L's garage. bf xr. 

Page 13 of 14 [ 208 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post subject: Re: BRY40L's garage. pajero and bf xr
Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

ranga83 wrote:
are they auto locking front hubs? or the ones you lock in yourself?

"Auto locking" apparently they run all the time though?

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

same as what my old man had. to get better fuel economy he put the manual locking hubs off a triton on as you apparently cant get pajero ones (yet the triton hubs came in a box marked parejo.) il call dad tomorrow and confirm they were triton if you want?

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeah triton ones do fit. I have a triton to flog parts off but im not fussed. The car drives 1km to the beach and back most the time and I just leave the tyres at 10psi unless its going further on the road lol.

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well well well, good news and bad news....

I fitted 33×12.5s this morning which I scored for $100 on sunraisa rims.
Took it for a run in the mud and discovered ill need a body lift soon, no biggie.

Then we decided to go to the beach and silly me drove up a short but steep embankment at full noise and snapped the noisey original passenger side cv joint :)

BF XR6

Post subject: Re: BRY40L's garage. pajewo and bf xr
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Just changed the name of the pajero to the pajewo, I think it fits quite well seeing as it gets nothing but the cheapest mods I can find!

Update:
Bought a cv joint off ebay for $125 delivered and fitted that and so far it loves life, then I removed the rear fibreglass flares as the fronts had been removed due to 33s were going to smash them anyway.
Things id like to add to the to do list:

Body lift, to clear the big wheels at the front from the gaurds.

3.5litre sohc 24v throttle body, because the 33s need more grunt to turn them and I discovered that its a direct bolt up though its larger.

Plastic garden edging, cheap way to make flares to hide the big wheels.

Re index the torsion bars as they are actually maxxed out where they are which isn't good.

Throw a few degree of timing into it.

BF XR6

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Talk to Ballast.
There is a much better motor then the 3.5 that can be fitted very easily.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Matt_jew wrote:
Talk to Ballast.

Pretty sure the 3.8 dohc paj motor still fits. Im not after a complete motor swap just the throttle body. Unless I find one for less than $300 running lol

BF XR6

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

BF XR6

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Blue and White Mercedes

NSW, Australia

bry40l wrote:
ranga83 wrote:
are they auto locking front hubs? or the ones you lock in yourself?

"Auto locking" apparently they run all the time though?

The standard hubs are solid. The locking and unlocking of the front axle is done from an intermediate shaft in between the diff centre and the driver's side CV. Some tritons and pajeros have manual hubs. I have AVM ones on my NL pajero - and only because the intermediate shaft failed on my previous 4WD. Normally the switches/sensors stuff up on them when they fill with mud and crap. All of these were fine on mine. My actually shaft had siezed in the 4WD position. It was easier to fit manual hubs and remove the 4WD lights then to fix the issue

bry40l wrote:
Matt_jew wrote:
Talk to Ballast.

Pretty sure the 3.8 dohc paj motor still fits. Im not after a complete motor swap just the throttle body. Unless I find one for less than $300 running lol

No suck thing as a 3.8 dohc. There is a 3.8 sohc. Don't buy a DOHC anything. They are not worth the grief. There is a reason why Mitsubishi chose to drop them in Australia.
Plenty of people have fitted the magna 3.5 motors. I have a 3.8 from a 380 in my NL. You having a NH means you will have a dizzy. You would need to convert your car to NL spec (and what ever engine to NL spec). This means coil packs, immobiliser modules, ECU, keys, manifolds, sump, front end dress etc.

You may be better off buying a wrecked NL pajero and taking the complete engine and wiring out of it and putting it in yours... or a 6G72 out of a PA challenger or MK triton. These are still 24v SOHC They were OK on power but the biggest advantage is that you will have less issues with the authorities as the engine is still a 3.0 :wink:

Remember kids, the more pages of crap in your build thread, the bigger your e-penis is

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Ive been looking at avm ones and my mates mk triton have its standard ones but I haven't had a chance to pinch them before it goes to scrap soon.
Im not a die hard paj fan wanting to swap engines and spend most weekends on spanners. Id have a toyboata or datsun pootrol for that lol.
Sometimes I wonder whether to sell it as I don't use it often.

BF XR6

Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

little while since anything has been put here so firstly

i fish oiled the xr a few weeks ago and gave it a full detail inside and out, wasnt happy with the turtle wax black car polish but its all i had and ive got 2 bottles of the stuff :evil:

fish oiling was a pain in the a***, it killed the grass, ruined my good jeans (or so the mrs says) and made the car stink for a week or 2, hopefully it works well and does what its supposed to and im the only one in 5 years time with a rust free b series :lol:
i broke the transmission shifter cable on the trans side so i replaced it and ground off the pin that the cable clips onto and replaced with a nut and bolt so when the end of the cable wears out it wont slip off again causing me to be stuck with no drive gear :wink:

the pajero....
i took the 33s off last week as it just drives too slow on them and the rears were pretty bald.

a bloke i know looked over the car and offered his unregistered au xr8 in black with the hand built ticky motor and aparently it had a hotter cam. when i inspected his car i discovered that the front gaurds had been chopped rather than rolled for big wheels, it had rust under the rear window, oil in the coolant, and overall the car was in terrible condition so i gave it a miss, this then led me to decide i might sell the old beasty because im going onto my full licence this month and im sick to death of going out on the beach or in the bush on my own.

hopefully if today goes as planned the pajero will go to its new owner for the price i decided was fair on both of us and i will be possibly in the market for a 5.slow litre v8.

i have also been watching a few decent local cars on gumtree that are worth a look such as an au falcon with mag wheels and a few other fords, mainly for a second car to let the mrs learn to drive in and to clean up and sell for a profit, the au appears to only need the price adjusted and re-adveritising once its in my hands.
anywho thats about all thats going on in my busy s**t of a life at the moment as far as vehicles are concerned. :mrgreen:

BF XR6

Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Pajero sold. I think I lost $150 between buying it and buying everything then selling it. Not bad considering I put a few dents in it and drove it pretty hard. Still a great reliable machine for the next owner though.
So whats next? :D

BF XR6

Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Blue and White Mercedes

NSW, Australia

bry40l wrote:
Pajero sold

Selling your Pajero... not sure what to say *shakes head*

Remember kids, the more pages of crap in your build thread, the bigger your e-penis is

Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Ballast wrote:
bry40l wrote:
Pajero sold

Selling your Pajero... not sure what to say *shakes head*

Going to buy a v8? :mrgreen:

BF XR6

Post subject: Re: BRY40L's garage. bf xr.
Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

long time since an update, have banked a fair bit lately and decided to give the old coon some lovin.

bought the underdrive kit with all the metal idler pulleys to replace the factory crap, and decided since i was probably going to need the radiator out of the car i bought a high flow thermostat which is the same standard item found in the xr6 turbo, same temp rating but a bigger hole.

i changed the thermostat and found a dodgy english brand one in the car and it turns out it had been stuck half open, probably why the god damn car wasnt heating up at 6AM on the freeway, not only was it stuck open but on the little bypass hole it had a plastic/rubbery 1 way valve in it which had melted over time and when i lifted the thermostat out it simply fell apart and the copper bit fell out aswell, wouldve been great for the water pump?

fitted the high flow item and now im seeing much better economy around town, since resetting the trip computer im getting 12 litres/100km in stop start traffic(waits for 93eb to say "i told you so").
also the auto trans doesnt act up for as long now, im guessing the transmission cooler is getting hotter quicker and its warming up the fluid, after 5 minutes theres no more slipping or harsh shifting into 3rd, so double win for me!!

yesterday i went to fit the underdrive kit but discovered after removing the fans and serp belt that my standard balancer cant be removed by a universal harmonic balancer puller, mitch told me a gear puller would work but i couldnt get that to work either, so $160 later and the correct tool for removing ba onwards balancer with radiator in place is on its way to my tool box.

also been considering a bf t5 conversion from ebay but id like to keep as much money going into the bank as possible seeing as the company that employs me and the company we contract to seem C*** up at the moment and redundancies are being handed out as contracts end and other companies get the work. :|

BF XR6

Sort by  
 Page 13 of 14  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next