Fordmods Logo

BRY40L 

Page 2 of 76 [ 1140 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 76  Next

Post subject: Re: BRY40L's el 5 speed, pictures uploaded
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

well i hit the rum hard last nite and its taken half the day for me to get motivated and i go outside to unbolt the starter motor and gear box and it starts raining :(

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

decided to take out the motor and box in one piece rather than f**k around tryin to get the top bolts for the bellhousing,just need to remove the tail shaft and drain the gear box oil, then borrow an engine crane from someone if they arent using it,
also found out today the diffs a single pegger, it was missing the tags so i jacked it up and one wheel spun the oposite way to the one i was spinning

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

well im up to pulling the engine out and i cant get hold of my mate to borrow the engine crane to pull it out, so i tryed to use a tree in the back yard with a tow strap around its strongest branch and tied to the other falcon but the tree branch wasnt strong enough and it started to bend, and my mates work mate came around and mocked me because we thought of the idea so i called it a day,

BF XR6

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

still cant get an engine crane so i decided to spend a few minutes pulling the wipers off and cleaned out the leaves an s**t from under the front windscreen in the gutter to prevent getting rust under there, and put the oxy sensor off this car onto my ef as its looking much nicer than the one on my ef and it seemed to make it run slightly better, hopefully i get a litle more economy and a better start up until i dont need the car anymore, then i can swap it back onto the el

BF XR6

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

hmm power window conversion soon? :D seems pretty easy considering i have 2 fairmonts that are pretty much spares,

BF XR6

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 1991 Ford Fairmont Ghia

New Zealand

You like the power windows? i'm considering doing the complete opposite, and swapping my power windows for manual regs. Sick of how they pack up, just gotta cut upo the manual door cards a bit dont wanna lose out on the ciggy lighter in the doors :P

Build Thread - More of a mismatch of parts :P the-garage-f53/seftons-ea-t106586.html

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

i almost did get rid of it on my first fairmont, always slow and sometimes they stopped working, then i replaced the centre consol swtiches and they worked again, and i found out i just needed to lube the rails and s**t lol, i think ill run the wiring and fit the centre consol switches and then when i have some more time ill fit the motors when i dont need to use the car, wouldnt mind fitting the trip computer either as my car doesnt have anything but has the wiring for the standard clock, only need to add 2 or 3 more wires for the whole trip computer to work and i have 2 spares so i might aswell use them, but i hate climate control so it wont be finding its way into my car lol, its either turned full on cold or full on hot or its off and i have the window down,

BF XR6

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:32 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 1991 Ford Fairmont Ghia

New Zealand

Hahah yeah i hear you man, the electrics in these cars i didn't really hold up well like the jappas seem to ae. Going to say if you lived in NZ id be more then happy to give you the high spec door looms etc that you'd need. Find a good wrecker lol, got many a part for a doz piss or for free.

Build Thread - More of a mismatch of parts :P the-garage-f53/seftons-ea-t106586.html

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

parts arent the problem iv got 2 wrecked out ef fairmonts lol, hardly taken anything off either of them as one is at my dads in the paddock and ones still registered for another 2 weeks so im driving it until i get the el going

BF XR6

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 97 el ghia

NSW, Australia

might be able to get you access to an engine crane and im only around the corner hit me up on facebook ill try nd add you

my build thread

the-garage-f53/maso-s-el-fairmont-ghia-build-t112744.html

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

whats your name so i can ad you lol

BF XR6

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 97 el ghia

NSW, Australia

andrew mason email add is scootmob99@hotmail.com

mate said will cost you a carton to use it

my build thread

the-garage-f53/maso-s-el-fairmont-ghia-build-t112744.html

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

all good scored a block and tackle off a family friend for nothin, i could of hired one for 65 for 4 hours from kennards but i would have to have it longer than that as i need to clean the engine bay good and fit all the s**t off the other motor for the manual box,
so i guess im finnaly going to have an engine swinging from my garage roof tomoro arv 8-)

BF XR6

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

got my spare engine out yesterday, and pretty quickly too, its so much quicker when you have no respect for wiring looms or the radiator supportand you have a tractor lol, if my dads digi camera wasnt out of batteries id of taken pictures :lol:
hopefully ill have the other b**ch running some time this week, also scored some tyres off a mate while i was in kempsey for f**k all

BF XR6

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

motor is still in the engine bay but is up off the cross member, just need my mate to finish work so he can help me get it rite up and out :D getting closer, just need to pull the coil pack off the new motor and swap in a dizzy and change the wiring loom to the el one on the motor as it seemed different, then fit the manual flywheel and clutch
i was very suprised when i seen that the rear main seal wasnt leaking on my spare motor im putting in, i know it was originally out of an el put into my old ef as a replacement before i bought it so they must have replaced the rear main seal,, its only done another 40 thousand since it was dropped into that car so itl be ok for this one
will upload pictures of an empty engine bay tonite hopefully :P

BF XR6

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 76  [ 1140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 76  Next